Coolant Pump for Bridgeport Interact 412

Thread: Coolant Pump for Bridgeport Interact 412

Default Coolant Pump for Bridgeport Interact 412

I am looking for help repairing or find a replacement coolant pump for my Bridgeport Interact 412.

The motor works fine, but the pump is no longer building pressure. Can these impeller type pumps be rebuilt? They seem simple enough in theory, but I am not sure why is no longer is building pressure.

I has been working for close to 2 years. The machine say unused for about a month and when I went to run the pump, it no longer builds pressure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Coolant Pump for Bridgeport Interact 412

If the motor runs and is turning the impeller it's unlikely that there is anything wrong with the pump.

Normally the first thing I check is if the pump discharge is plugged. Putting a short piece of hose on the pump and aiming it back into the tank is a quick check as to whether the pump is working. Then check the coolant line, I would blow it out with an air hose to check it.

Then make sure there is enough coolant in the tank to cover the impeller when the pump starts Open the coolant valve all the way before starting the pump, this will keep it from air locking.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA