Need Help! SCM Pratix N15 PLC275 error after entering emergency during tool change

Thread: SCM Pratix N15 PLC275 error after entering emergency during tool change

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SCM Pratix N15 PLC275 error after entering emergency during tool change

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble with my SCM Pratix N15 boring/routing machine running Xilog software. I'm not very familiar with this type of machine and only need to verify it works so we can sell it. I was able to start it up, zero and calibrate it, and even run a simple program. However, when I tried to do a tool change, the machine entered an emergency and stopped just as it attempted to release the tool. I shut it down and manually moved the spindle/carriage away from the tool holder and back into the normal working area over the vacuum table. But now, the software is displaying the PLC275 error (”Axis Movement Limited”) and I'm unable to jog the machine at normal speeds or calibrate/zero it.

According to the manual, I need to execute the M302 (CNC ESA) code to reset the standard functions of the machine, but I'm having trouble doing this. I've tried following the previous operator's notes for correcting the PLC275 error, which include the steps:
    MDI-ISO = M302
    M114 (open spindle)
    M115 (close spindle)
    M154 (complete cycle)
    M6Tx (pick up tool x)
    M6T0 (park tool).

However, I'm not sure if these steps are correct or if I'm just "doing it wrong."

Could someone please confirm if these steps are correct and explain how to properly clear the PLC275 error and restore normal functionality? Feel free to explain it to me as if I were a third-grader! I would really appreciate any help you can offer, as I'm not sure if the problem is simply user error or something else—especially since I haven’t had much luck executing anything in the MDI (F6) tab.

Thank you!