Need Help! SCM Record 121

Thread: SCM Record 121

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SCM Record 121

Hi all,

Looking for some advices,
    We just bought an old machine, which was working fine before, but unfortunately after installing we cannot make it work.

The machine calibrates itself nicely but as soon as I start a program the spindle rises to +5 and gives this error code:
    PLC1: Spindle 1 not locked

Also sometimes it gives different codes such as:
    PLC49 MAKE HOOD REFERENCE
    PLC50 HOOD FAULT

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SCM Record 121

I managed to get rid of the hood issues but the spindle still doesn't work.

Also found out the parameters of spindles.cfg are completely empty so it kinda answers all my questions.

Is there anyone who can help me set it up or can send me one from a similar machine please?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nyul View Post
    Hi all,

Looking for some advices,
    We just bought an old machine, which was working fine before, but unfortunately after installing we cannot make it work.

The machine calibrates itself nicely but as soon as I start a program the spindle rises to +5 and gives this error code:
    PLC1: Spindle 1 not locked

Also sometimes it gives different codes such as:
    PLC49 MAKE HOOD REFERENCE
    PLC50 HOOD FAULT
    For PLC1 error it sounds like the proximity sensor at the top of the spindle draw bar is out of adjustment. Try raising or lowering it in very small increments until it works. There are ways to monitor the PLC I/O in panelmac to see if the sensor is functioning properly. I forget the the exact inputs but they are in the wiring schematic of the machine. You can also call SCM and provide them with the serial number of the machine and they can help guide you through it. Just be prepared for them to try to sell you over priced replacement parts that you probably don’t really need. I think my company is in 40 grand in parts for this router now. SCM is a terrible company. If you need any help feel free to email me at jonlarsen@me.com