Machining error

Thread: Machining error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machining error

Dear all,

Today I ran into a problem that I'm unable to solve and was hoping somebody here could help. Please see picture attached.

The mill is supposed to be at the arrow but instead decided to take the yellow path off to my limit switch...

So the G-code says X97.634 Y239.147 which is roughly the area of the arrow. In the lines before or after there is nothing suggesting otherwise.

My machine coordinates say it's at X149.6563 Y360.9625 which is also roughly at the position of the arrow.

So suddenly my X-axis has made a ghost move to wherever and hit my limit switch and is no longer registering it's position. It's done it twice at the exact same moment. So running the code a second time on exactly the same moment it's done this...

Any ideas what could have happened? Or what I should be looking for?

CNC mill: ChinaCNC 6040
    Controller: MKS-V-V04.PCB (as supplied)
    Software: Mach3
    Modelling software: Fusion360

This hasn't happened before. It happening at the same time in the same program baffles me.

Thanks.

EJ

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Machining error

where the picture is?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quick update.

Z-axis moves to 'Stay-Down Distance' and X-axis is told to move in X+ direction and it looks and sound like there is a mechanical blockage/stop which prevents the X-axis to move.

Weird thing that it only happens on these coordinates. I'm unable to visibly find something blocking the path.

Edit: when manually moving from that position I also have no issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Picture is attached to the post. I'm uncertain why you aren't able to see it. I could possibly host it somewhere separate.

Video of the failure below.