Help please

Thread: Help please

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help please

Im a CNC newbie,

I have a Lead CNC, I am using Vcarve to create my design and using CNCjs to XPro 5 to run my machine. I am designing the carve accurately on the software however I have found my machine is not cutting in the correct starting position? I am XYZ zeroing the machine bottom left and the first part of the carve should be approx 280 mm in however it is starting at 80mm and who knows where from then!

I am also trying to cut a simple circle i have made with a radius of 8mm (16mm diameter) and its coming out 11mm (20mm diameter). I am using a 1/8 Endmill straight cutting tool.

Any advise??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help please

In the material setup in vcarve you can specify top, bottom, center or corners. I always choose center and workpiece top.
    Then zero DRO to center and top of your material.
    When cutting vector shapes you can cut inside, on the line and outside the line.
    This doesn’t answer your question but you need to pay attention to all possible settings.
    The software is logically laid out
    Also consider that the machine needs to be calibrated so a size in vectric equals distance moved in the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Sort out first:
    Your machines axis calibration.
    Your physical machine co-ordinates.
    Your backlash.
    Your work co-ordinates.

And why cut metric with an imperial bit? A16mm circle with a 3.175mm bit?. I'd be using at least a 6mm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Standard collets that come with the router or spindle. I always design in metrics but use 1/4” straight bits. The software makes it work.

On where is the problem: machine vs CAM you can always look and follow what the G-code says. Pretty easy to confirm a square or circle is correct from the code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk