Hello, I am a electrical and mechanical hydraulic engineer. I have a slight issue with a job I have inherited....I'm working on a SCM CNC router.
The previous Engineer diagnosed a faulty spindle motor. The client insisted I change this inverter which I inadvertently did, this not actually the issue. However there were 19 safety issues on the machine which I have systematically diagnosed and repaired with my apprentice.. however I have one issue.....the machine works on all axis reads perfect in all axis and runs programmes but the z axis (tool height) appears too low. I personally think the program is incorrect because I couldn't see any z axis coordinates in the program, but I am not a CNC operator. So I might be missing something here. The operator said it used to cut at the correct height. I'm thinking the tool height is not configured. Do any of my contacts have experience with this machine and could help. The encoder might need a new datum or the tool height might need zeroing. Thank you.