Need Help! In need of some serious help! Total newbie!!!

Thread: In need of some serious help! Total newbie!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default In need of some serious help! Total newbie!!!

About 3 weeks ago now, I purchased a cnc second hand. It appears as if it was some kind of kit by keling. I have gone through everything and re wired, made sure everything is good. I am using Windows Xp pro, mach3 and using the parallel port, but it seems as if the computer is not communicating with the cnc. The cnc has power, the motors are locking up but it will not jog. I'm not a super computer guy, but can get myself into trouble, but after messing with this for 3 weeks I have decided to come get some help. Thanks Nick!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is some more info I hope will help someone help me!

Ok so all of the components are Keling tech or at least what I have found says so. The power supply is a KL-350-36 I have metered it and it is supplying 64.6 v to the Keling-4030 controllers(there are 3 of them x,y,z.) it also has 5.22 v going into the pul+, it has5.22 go in into the dir+. It also has 3.76 at the pul- and the dri-. At the c10 parallel port interface card it has at pin2 -7, 3.75v. This is not hooked up to the computer with these readings. On the parallel port of the computer pin2 in reading 4.63v and goes to 4.64 when the arrow is pressed on the keyboard. Pin3 is reading .18v and when the narrowest is pressed it goes to 4.87v. Pin4 and pin6 are the same as pin2, and pin5 and pin7 are the same as pin3. The motors are KL-23h276-30-8B. Yes I have visited Keling techs website and followed there diagrams. Unfortunately the people I bought it from had no info or paperwork, so I am going by what I can find online. Hope this is what you were talking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Nick

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: In need of some serious help! Total newbie!!!

Is that a 64-bit version of XP Pro? If so, that might be the problem. The Mach3 parallel port hookup only works on 32-bit versions of Windows.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Good question! I did not even think about it,ill have to look thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

So it turned out the power supply was shot.Replaced the power unit, and we're at 36v. I also bought a uc100 installed it with all of the drivers. Tried to tune the motors and nothing, no movement at all. I metered the break out board while moving the velocity slider and it is at a constant 3.74v should it be this way? Stopped pressing the buttons and it's still at 3.74v, is it a defective break out board, or am I missing something? Any help would be great