Need Help Teacher with a CNC machine

Thread: Need Help Teacher with a CNC machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help Teacher with a CNC machine

So I currently teach engineering and I have been given an old CNC machine. I have never used a CNC before and I can't get it up and running. It will turn on and I have Mach 3 on a 64-bit operating system on my computer we are using. Once the CNC machine is turned on it won't move and the computer doesn't recognize it. The computer knows something is plugged in but doesn't know what it is. Below are some pictures of the Gecko G540. Any help would be awesome!

Need Help Teacher with a CNC machine-img_5863-jpg Need Help Teacher with a CNC machine-img_5864-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need Help Teacher with a CNC machine-img_5863-jpg   Need Help Teacher with a CNC machine-img_5864-jpg  

Default Re: Need Help Teacher with a CNC machine

Pls contact us, we will help you to set up. G540 looks ok

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...gecko-drivers/

Downloads
    Uploads

Sean,

Are you attaching the G540 directly to the computers parallel port? If so you will need 32 bit Windows since the Mach3 parallel port driver will not work with the 64 operating system.

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWorrell View Post
    So I currently teach engineering and I have been given an old CNC machine. I have never used a CNC before and I can't get it up and running. It will turn on and I have Mach 3 on a 64-bit operating system on my computer we are using. Once the CNC machine is turned on it won't move and the computer doesn't recognize it. The computer knows something is plugged in but doesn't know what it is. Below are some pictures of the Gecko G540. Any help would be awesome!

Need Help Teacher with a CNC machine-img_5863-jpg Need Help Teacher with a CNC machine-img_5864-jpg

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

G540 is so easy to set-up on my opinion, you need to set something on the BIOS of your computer, that`s the time it will communicate properly on your MACH 3 software.

Downloads
    Uploads

there are some parallel cables that doesn't have all the pins connected. that was something that keep me searching for 3 days until i found it . you might want to check this out too.