Need Help! Advice on Cutters and operations

Thread: Advice on Cutters and operations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Advice on Cutters and operations

Hi Everyone,
    I work for a company that regularly cuts sheets of 9mm Laminated Plywood and raw plywood into panels of varies shapes and sizes.

What would be the best tool to use for this type of wood, previously we have used a 2 flute straight cutter as we often do pocketing as well as full depth, however we go through tools like they are going out of fashion. We are looking into a up cut down cut compression spiral tool at the moment, would like to hear if you have any suggestions on this? With this tool, I understand drilling isn’t an option, for internal profiles, is it possible to automatically drill the start position so that the cutter can go through the hole and start cutting?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Advice on Cutters and operations

i cut similar wood, but mainly around the 6mm size, i also use a 2 flute straight down cut (they are printed on and the up cut will chip the ink), where are you getting your bits from? i currently use cut guru bits and will go through multiple sheets without any damage to the bit, what are your settings (rpm, feed rate, etc)?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bzen, Our tools are from Calibre, they will usually cut around 10 sheets before becoming too blunt to use. Tool diameter = 10mm, Rpm = 1800, Feed rate = 8000 with 3 passes.

What thickness spoil board do you use for cutting the 6mm Laminate ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the bit i use has a cutting edge diameter of 4mm, rpm - 15,000, with a feed rate of 125 inches per min, i do two passes the first pass has a negative depth value that removes half of the material and the second pass cleans it all out