Newbie Uploading to Biesse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uploading to Biesse

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Uploading to Biesse

Hey, this may be a dumb question but, I have a Biesse Rover B 7.4 Ft. And I just got a postprocessor from Bobcad for it. The post out puts the file as NC and the machine reads ISO and BPP. So I was wondering how do i upload a NC file and convert it to an ISO or BPP file so that my machine can read the file

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Uploading to Biesse

Quote Originally Posted by fdg35 View Post
    Hey, this may be a dumb question but, I have a Biesse Rover B 7.4 Ft. And I just got a postprocessor from Bobcad for it. The post out puts the file as NC and the machine reads ISO and BPP. So I was wondering how do i upload a NC file and convert it to an ISO or BPP file so that my machine can read the file
    Hey just wondering how you are making out . we just are in the midst of installing a 2008 7.40 rover B FTK
    We had upgraded to version 30 last month but are considering mastercam ... lot more money but maybe we should give bobcad a fair shot at the business yet the seem too want $900.00 for the post which I had thought posts were free but guess not for a biesse machine

Downloads
    Uploads

My guess is that the .nc is the same as ISO, so editing the post processor to change the file extension may be all you need to do.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You see every time I try to run one of the iso files I have through BiesseWorks I get a pop-up that say "unexpected file format". And now I am stumped. The manual clearly says that the machine is capable of running iso files I just don't understand why I am getting that message

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Irv Bea View Post
    Hey just wondering how you are making out . we just are in the midst of installing a 2008 7.40 rover B FTK
    We had upgraded to version 30 last month but are considering mastercam ... lot more money but maybe we should give bobcad a fair shot at the business yet the seem too want $900.00 for the post which I had thought posts were free but guess not for a biesse machine
    I'm pretty sure all i should have to do is what Ger21 said which is simply change the file extension to .iso. but my Biesse doesn't seem to want to read any iso files.

Downloads
    Uploads

You might have to run it through Biesseworks or something like that??
    I've never used a Biesse, so don't really know.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fdg35 View Post
    I'm pretty sure all i should have to do is what Ger21 said which is simply change the file extension to .iso. but my Biesse doesn't seem to want to read any iso files.
    ok I will prob end up buying a post from Bob cad had the mastercam guy out yesterday and for the simple drawings I do Bobcad has nicer and faster features . example drawing and angled line took him at least 4 times longer... and the software costs much more
    I have an old c53 thermwood I am currently using. and am looking for someone to train me on the biesse . I have the local biesse dealer scheduled to come out Dec 27, but if we find somebody sooner would be great
    Its gona be a learning curve to switch , but from my research Biesse is a common machine here in Ontario where I am

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

are you having any luck with Bobcad post processor to Biesse

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

are you having any luck with Bobcad post processor to Biesse
    umm.... sorta. i'm still working on learning how to read and set up Biesse code but it seems that the post they gave me is close to what i needed. But if youre looking for outstanding customer service i wouldnt go with BobCAD. I've been having trouble getting ahold of someone as well

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive sorta hit my frustration limit with bobcad on the posting side
    I can post a code that works but it still has lots of quirks and needs to be edited manually yet
    and does moves in the rapid that are not required also the feeds and speeds don't listen at all , spindle speed does but not machining speed
    Bobcad I guess hasn’t developed a post that works properly wish they would have told me so
    we will move in another direction I guess

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive sorta hit my frustration limit with bobcad on the posting side
    I can post a code that works but it still has lots of quirks and needs to be edited manually yet
    and does moves in the rapid that are not required also the feeds and speeds don't listen at all , spindle speed does but not machining speed
    Bobcad I guess hasn’t developed a post that works properly wish they would have told me so
    we will move in another direction I guess
    What are you trying to cut? Table? Cabinet?
    Can you post sample code?
    sounds like feeds and speeds are out of the range of speed parameters you have set in BobCAD. In CAM Tree right click "CAM Defaults". Click "Current Settings" Select in the "Make" selection box your Biesse post name, then edit machine parameters from there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

we do pvc sheets into exterior trim columns etc mostly straight lines and curves
    changing the seeds in the parmeters doesn't do it
    I have to do it in the tool settings and if I enter .6 for cutting feed rate it converts it in the post to 15 which biesse than reads as meters per minute ,
    so like I say there is quite a few quirks you have to learn to work with and what to enter so it comes out the correct number and this bobcad should be doing for me
    But its obvious the are still learning themselves it takes a long time for them to respond and longer yet to fix it , if they can fix it I don't know

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

we do pvc sheets into exterior trim columns etc mostly straight lines and curves
    changing the seeds in the parmeters doesn't do it
    I have to do it in the tool settings and if I enter .6 for cutting feed rate it converts it in the post to 15 which biesse than reads as meters per minute ,
    so like I say there is quite a few quirks you have to learn to work with and what to enter so it comes out the correct number and this bobcad should be doing for me
    But its obvious the are still learning themselves it takes a long time for them to respond and longer yet to fix it , if they can fix it I don't know
    Do you think you can post your Post processor file on here so I can have a look at it I might be able to fix your feed problem. And a posted program.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

im not sure how to get the file on here
    feed isnt the only issue
    there is the issue on cad I have to use the lower left for my 0 0 points
    and than on the machine the 0 0 point is at the back left
    so everything in the y axis gets mirrored and Bobcad cant fix this for me
    I can reverse direction in y but not without the z axis also reversing , there has to be a bug in this v30 software Im convinced and Bobcad is sloooooooow to get back to me
    Ive wasted so much time a more expensive program from Day 1 would have been well worth my time

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

just an update
    with being lots on the phone and turbo meetings with Bobcad
    we finally have got the 00 where we want it , had to make a change in the post
    also they fixed the feeds and speed issue for me
    still have one little quirk that we are working on ,
    before it plunges in the z axis it retracts .75" from the rapid plane and than plunges down ,

Downloads
    Uploads

im not sure how to get the file on here
    feed isnt the only issue
    there is the issue on cad I have to use the lower left for my 0 0 points
    and than on the machine the 0 0 point is at the back left
    so everything in the y axis gets mirrored and Bobcad cant fix this for me
    I can reverse direction in y but not without the z axis also reversing , there has to be a bug in this v30 software Im convinced and Bobcad is sloooooooow to get back to me
    Ive wasted so much time a more expensive program from Day 1 would have been well worth my time
    i got around this 00 thing by drawing with 0 point in top left.
    changed my y values + - in the post
    changed - y to --y to create a plus (took ages to work that one out )

i think i did same with z as on my biesse that was also backwards to modern convention

UCCNC powered uk machine sales
    https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    i got around this 00 thing by drawing with 0 point in top left.
    changed my y values + - in the post
    changed - y to --y to create a plus (took ages to work that one out )

i think i did same with z as on my biesse that was also backwards to modern convention

we got that worked out and were doing some stuff that actually works

but we just get a surprise package every now and than wit the z value cutting into our spoil board

the Bobcad post does not work it was a waste off money and I have lost a lot off time and money with Bobcad

Im going to try to get into biesseworks training
    and hopefully import dxf files into biesse works

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

we got that worked out and were doing some stuff that actually works

but we just get a surprise package every now and than wit the z value cutting into our spoil board

the Bobcad post does not work it was a waste off money and I have lost a lot off time and money with Bobcad

Im going to try to get into biesseworks training
    and hopefully import dxf files into biesse works

Does your tool only crash into spoilboard right after and right before tool change?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No it was just before the first machining move it would peck into the spoilboard
    WE gave up on Bobcad
    If you want something that works invest into Alphacam and take the introductory online training,
    Which is what I did and have been smiling ever since
    The cix post that I got from alphacam works 100% with biesse , you can open the file in Biesse works and even adjust tool depth settings from there
    I cant say enough good about Alphacam and their cix post working seamlessly with Biesse

Downloads
    Uploads

I have worked with both Bobcad and Mastercam.

Bobcad. cheap to buy. expensive to operate. ALWAYS manually editing programs...very little control over 3d surfacing entry exit maneuvers...no gouge checking.
    This is what the boss bought because he wanted to save money. unfortunately I spend more time manually editing programs to work.
    I shouldn't have to...I don't think a FANUC is an exotic control..

Mastercam ..expensive to buy. ..lots of control...it's what I get to use when I'm at my part time job...love it, but big learning curve....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast