Need Help! IMA 210 CNC Drip Feed

Thread: IMA 210 CNC Drip Feed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default IMA 210 CNC Drip Feed

Hi

Can anybody help with Dripfeed on a IMA/BIMA 210 cnc. It has a NUM 1060 controller and runs IMATronik 231 with NUM GR_PC on OS/2 ver 3.

I have setup everything correctly in terms of NUM side (not my first time drip feeding a num controller) - Parameters setup, Serial Line setup, Comm port Setup.etc

Problem is the following

I put NUM in drip feed mode and load program on pc side with a NC editor.
    As soon as I press start on CNC - I can see the program loading on PC side, but nothing happens on CNC side.
    I have gone through the LADDER logic of the control and you can see NUM going into PPR mode, but then stops at some kind of prog_aktiv function.

I have an idea that IMATronik is the culprit, but not sure how to bypass.

Anybody have an idea of how to drip feed IMA Machines?

Thanks

PS !!!

Anybody have software for IMA cnc that runs on Microsoft Windows???

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: IMA 210 CNC Drip Feed

Hallo!
    I have a same machine.
    Unfortunatly, I can't help you.
    But my be it possible if you help me with info about this control.

Could you help me with setup parameters? I have not any description of parameters and their adjastments.
    Now machine has error on X and Y axes (approx 0,5-1 мм). Where are parameters for tuning thats errors?

Thank you advance

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

Please specify more details on axis error - if it is pure offset from origin problem - you can fix it 2 ways: manually move home limit switch at back of machine or modify machine parameters - specifically P16 which can be accessed from imatronik service menu - parameters program - default pass normally "IMAIMA" - or access via os/2warp interface. It is tricky to do it through num interface.
    think p16 1st 3 values are home offsets but can confirm - dont have details now in front of me.

If it is variable axis error - then 2 problems - either mechanical or drive - mechanical should be replaced if can otherwise if it is maybe a backlash error and the error is constant then you can maybe try some backlash settings in P18.

I have not dived into drives errors yet - really tricky with performance en analysis through oscilloscope.

All parameter documentation can be found on cncmanual.com under num
    Also try to get NUMtoolworkshop - can be found on num ftp site with login details in some of the num manuals on nums own site.
    Has tools to use windows program to acess all num files directly on NUM UC11 pc module with serial cable connection.

can be more specific if i know more about the error

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 9thraven View Post
    Hi

Please specify more details on axis error - if it is pure offset from origin problem - you can fix it 2 ways: manually move home limit switch at back of machine or modify machine parameters - specifically P16 which can be accessed from imatronik service menu - parameters program - default pass normally "IMAIMA" - or access via os/2warp interface. It is tricky to do it through num interface.
    think p16 1st 3 values are home offsets but can confirm - dont have details now in front of me.

If it is variable axis error - then 2 problems - either mechanical or drive - mechanical should be replaced if can otherwise if it is maybe a backlash error and the error is constant then you can maybe try some backlash settings in P18.

I have not dived into drives errors yet - really tricky with performance en analysis through oscilloscope.

All parameter documentation can be found on cncmanual.com
    under num
    Also try to get NUMtoolworkshop - can be found on num ftp site with login details in some of the num manuals on nums own site.
    Has tools to use windows program to acess all num files directly on NUM UC11 pc module with serial cable connection.

can be more specific if i know more about the error
    Hallo. Thank you for your answer.

I checked machine more accurate and found that issue is drilling unit. The milling processing is perfect but a drilling has errors.
    Y error is about +0,5 mm.
    X error is about +0,5 mm from left zero fence and -0,5mm from right zero fence.
    May be you know where are parameters for correct a position of drilling unit?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

For drilling coordinate setup you need to go look at the file 9997 in your ncdat folder on your c drive.

9997 is a sub program that gets called from the head program 0005 with some shifts for certain tools and spindle head.

Look at line number N431, N432, N433 - which corresponds with drill head numbers - you should be able to adjust to some degree here.
    - remember to use imatronik file utility to copy file from ncdat on c drive to cnc (it might auto update the cnc on a restart but not sure)

I am still waiting for parts from the US to get my machine up and running - once it is up and running i will be doing all these configurations myself as well, and will then be able to give step by step tutorial.
    should be within the next month

hopes this helps - you could also read through all the files in the ncdat folder - these are all sub routine files that gets called during the running of a imawop generated cnc program

just be careful editing these files as they are all cross referenced by each other.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi. Thank you .
    I have some info for NUM control and I have'nt any info from IMA for this machine.
    May be you have a manual or some info from IMA according to NUM?
    Could you send me some info? I want to sort out in it for me.
    I will be very thank you for any manual about NUM application for IMA.

Downloads
    Uploads

I want to ask you something about changing the diameter of the existing drills in Machine 1 file at imawop? I changed from the machine 1 position another diameter and saved it,then I saved from the bbd file but it does not recognize it when I generate program.It shows me in gcode the messege that it says incorrectly diameter! When I make one program with tool number it works fine! What wrong I am doing? The bbd file it has change in the new set up but it dosent work when I program with diameter! Let me know how can I fix that.... Thank you..

Downloads
    Uploads

The best way is to set the actual diameter of the drill to the correct diameter in Machine, Edit not machine 1

also check the name of the drill is the same so it recognizes the drill. make sure the drills name is not complicated just simply IMA5mm of something

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by VVN View Post
    Hallo. Thank you for your answer.

I checked machine more accurate and found that issue is drilling unit. The milling processing is perfect but a drilling has errors.
    Y error is about +0,5 mm.
    X error is about +0,5 mm from left zero fence and -0,5mm from right zero fence.
    May be you know where are parameters for correct a position of drilling unit?
    Hello,
    Not sure how your machine is set up however, there is a file that is located in the Imawop>Tom folder. the file is 22368.fmc
    once you locate the file you will see it has the complete position of all the mechanical components of the spindle, drills, horizontal drills and sawblade. they can all be changed within the imawop program where we normally edit programs.

just check maybe your machine is not 22368.fmc, your machine could have it under a different number thats the same as the number of your machine. your machine number could be 226688 etc.

so bottom line is look for an fmc file within the Imawop Tom folder.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,can cnc ima 210, 2007 accept gcode?

Downloads
    Uploads

While I don't have access to or much expertise with the IMA software, I know that the 1060 CNC made use of the rack bus to transmit data to and from the PCNC card to either a MEM or UCSII type processor/memory module in the rack. Happy to bounce a couple ideas back and forth if the problem is still ongoing.