Need Help! Homing Morbidelli 504

Thread: Homing Morbidelli 504

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Homing Morbidelli 504

Hi All,

Just purchased a 1995 Morbidelli 504 router. I have the manuals but still can't work out how to home it.
    If someone could give me a few directions it would be much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homing Morbidelli 504

Make sure air is connected and correct pressure
    Turn on main switch
    Press white button on controller to reset the emergency circuit. If it does not reset check the trip wire on the front of the machine has not been activated. If it has push the yellow button on the end of the trip wire to reset, then try the white button again.
    Go to manual movements on controller
    press sizing
    then press start
    Machine should then size
    If you have any more problems pm me and I will post a video for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guzz1458,
    Thanks for the info; I’d done everything you said up to the sizing button. In my manual they call it calibration, so I was looking for the calibration button, which was the problem. Anyway when I push the sizing button it gives an error “672 WAITING FOR OPERATING UNIT TOP GUARDS” I don’t know if I have the correct manual for this machine, as the code in the manual calls error 672 HIGH PROTEC, OPERAT, GRP HOLD. Would you know what tis error relates to? I’ve attached some photos for you.
    Thanks again
    Homing Morbidelli 504-sizing-error-672-jpgHoming Morbidelli 504-error-page-jpgHoming Morbidelli 504-error-672-jpgHoming Morbidelli 504-axis-calibration-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think the problem relates to the position of the router heads. If the controller does not detect the routers are in the upper position the sizing cycle will not proceed. There is an air cylinder that controls the upper and lower position of each router head. When you turn on the air both router heads should retract to the upper position and activate a limit switch or sensor verifying this. It appears this signal is not reaching the controller.

Hopefully you have an inspection hatch allowing access to the top of the routers (electrospindles). This removable hatch was often added to the 504's for this purpose but not standard from the factory. If you can have a look at the top of the routers through the hatch and with the air on make sure both are at the upper position and level with each other. If one is lower try to find out why. Possible causes include a build up of sawdust, a chunk of wood debris thats flicked up and jammed somewhere, lack of air to the cylinder caused by a sticky or faulty pneumatic valve or a problem with the cylinder its self such as a broken internal spring which is fouling the stroke. You can lie on your back and with the air off use your foot to push the routers up on their guides to feel how they move and reaching the top of the range.

If all looks ok mechanically make sure the limit switch is not fouled and is working.

Good luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Homing Morbidelli 504-photo-10-jpg

After my previous post I checked the manual at work for error message 672. Attached is the extract, the description is slightly different to that in your manual.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there some type of guard that is lowered and raised by a pneumatic cylinder? Or a brush maybe?

I'm not familiar with that particular machine, but THis is a typical error on these types of machines when the sensor on the cylinder isn't being activated.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guzz1458 & ger21,
    After much investigation, I have discovered that the controller is looking for a signal from a proximity switch that was never fitted to the machine. When I purchased the machine it had lost all its data / parameters, fortunately a disc with all that info came with the machine, so I reloaded all info back into the controller. I can only assume that this problem is related to the reloading of the parameters. If I can’t resolve this issue within the controller I can get around it by giving the appropriate terminal a 24v signal which keeps the controller happy.
    Once I signal (trick) the controller, the error goes and the machine homes perfectly.
    Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Makinemde ayn? sorunlar var 672 673 hatalar?.Morbidelli yazar 503stc.please yard?m

Downloads
    Uploads

morbidelli 672 wa?t?ng for operat?ng un?t top guards 673 wa?t?ng for operat?ng un?t bot. guards morbidelli author 503stc