How to Select a 4TH Axis - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to Select a 4TH Axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to Select a 4TH Axis

Quote Originally Posted by ardenum2 View Post
    that price doesn't feel right, smells like a scam. The kind you see on aliexpress, part costs $300 shipping another $300, fools you into believing the part is cheap but on the inside the part costs $550 and shipping $50.

Shipping should be zero in this case and the internets says sales tax caps at %15 in Canada?

For that kind of price you can get used direct drive rotary tables from ebay or new from the more honest chinese vendors
    If you are referring to my post #57 where I have the detailed cost the shipping is estimated by me, DMM didn’t specified any shipping cost yet. My estimated cost of CAD$1700 is on the high side to allow for anything unknown, a CAD$1500 would be more realistic.

15% taxes in Canada is a good estimation

DMM is a Canadian company and they have a very nice page with good info including videos how to connect a servo etc. which is very helpful for people like me who knows nothing about servos.

https://dmm-tech.com/multiaxissolutions2.html

Thanks

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

My estimated cost of CAD$1700 is on the high side to allow for anything unknown, a CAD$1500 would be more realistic.
    They may be Canadian and they may be nice and may be helpful.....but they are f********g rip-offs if it costs anything like what you are talking about.
    I buy 750W Delta servos, landed in New Zealand at my doorstep for $588USD. According to your breakdown they are charging many hundreds of dollars
    for a gearbox........and I have to say I think they are scamming you there. Don't get that bloody overpriced gearbox!. I've already posted Ebay listings which are for much MUCH better
    gearboxes for a fraction of the price.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi, They may be Canadian and they may be nice and may be helpful.....but they are f********g rip-offs if it costs anything like what you are talking about. I buy 750W Delta servos, landed in New Zealand at my doorstep for $588USD. According to your breakdown they are charging many hundreds of dollars for a gearbox........and I have to say I think they are scamming you there. Don't get that bloody overpriced gearbox!. I've already posted Ebay listings which are for much MUCH better gearboxes for a fraction of the price. Craig
    Well Craig, first I didn’t buy anything yet neither planning to go with a servo for now although I may re consider later.

Second I don’t think you are comparing apples with apples and I don’t try to side with DMM but we must be objective. Your price of $398USD per your post #59 is only for 3 items and DMM price as per my post #57 is for EIGHT items!!! So lets be fair!

The price for the planetary gearbox DPGS-60-S1-10-14-00 is $233.00USD. is a fair price considering I will get an assembly with everything included instead of getting separate components from eBay. Matching all servo components from various sources will be prone to mistakes and a headache just to save a few $.

You didn’t give me your opinion on the unit I presently consider as per my post #58. For a hobby machine this will be ideal,

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I don’t think you are comparing apples with apples and I don’t try to side with DMM but we must be objective. Your price of $398USD per your post #59 is only for 3 items and DMM price as per my post #57 is for EIGHT items!!! So lets be fair!
    Well that is a huge difference, I agree. But then I thought this thread was about a fourth axis, ie one motor, one gearbox and one chuck...is it not?

The price for the planetary gearbox DPGS-60-S1-10-14-00 is $233.00USD. is a fair price considering I will get an assembly
    Again I agree, that is a fair price particularly that its matched. But your post suggested one servo and drive with the rest being the gearbox, which is an entirely different matter.

The small fourth axis assembly you have linked to in #58 will be fine, just as slow as a wet week. My fourth axis when it was fitted with a stepper was about 12rpm......and it was just about
    slow enough to be hopeless. With a servo fitted its come up to 150rpm, and that's usable, but a I sure don't want it any slower.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

I have sold my cnc and planning to build a new one, table top 3 axis including a 4th rotary axis. I don't know if I should start a new thread but I prefer to stay here unless the admin say otherwise.

The question I have now is where the 4th axis should be located. I have seen some located on the side and some on the top. For my purpose I prefer the top layout. Since the 4th axis will not be used often I can make the required parts removable with pre drilled holes (guides) at the top of the table for easy install. Does this sound acceptable?

Nicolas

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234