Help needed for best DIY controller box for mach 3

Thread: Help needed for best DIY controller box for mach 3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help needed for best DIY controller box for mach 3

I wish to replace controller for

PROXXON - FF 500/BL-CNC
    with a new system that will allow use of mach 3. The controller at the moment only supports NCCAD which is a nightmare to use with strange g code requirements. So wish to scrap controller and software.
    What is the best off the shelf kit? It must have opto couplers to isolate pc. I have a uc100 parallel adaptor for mach 3 also.
    Also mach 3 on laptop.
    Put of touch and wondering if anyone can help with best places to buy or best hardware?

Any help, even if someone has a secondhand system that could be useful .
    Sincerely Mark

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help needed for best DIY controller box for mach 3

If you already have a license for Mach3 you can still use that with a cheap USB-MACH3 controller on ebay for about $25 USD. Many of those controller do come with Opto couplers. The other advantage is you do not need a parallel port. If you are running newer windows from Windows 7 or newer this becomes a requirement. Windows 7 and newer will not support the parallel port driver from Mach3 and they will never release a newer version. You could use Windows 7 the 32-bit version if you want to use the parallel port.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help needed for best DIY controller box for mach 3

Hi, I'm interested also in setting up a ff500 with something else than the nccam.
    I don't own the machine yet and at this stage only digging for info on how the setup will be like.

Howz's comment got me confused, as proxxon says in their controller unit description that it supports Mach3/4. So why can't you just use ff500 + proxxon CU4 + usb2parallel converter + mach4?
    Well, I actually couldn't find proxxon plugin for mach4 yet, anyone has a hint? or is it actually not compatible?

>Free choice of CNC-software: e.g. MACH3/4, Estlcam may be used for operation via parallel-port (if necessary with use
    >of LPT-adaptor). Four powerful micro step drivers (norm-interface SUB-D 9-pole) always provide enough energy for any
    >machining processes. One feedback signal (e. g. limit switch) each for each axis.

https://www.proxxon.com/en/micromot/24900.php