Diy CNC router for aluminium

Thread: Diy CNC router for aluminium

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Diy CNC router for aluminium

Hi everyone,
    I always wanted to make my own cnc machine. First, my idea was to build cnc mill that can cut steel, but after some reading I realized that is too difficult task for me. So I decided to make a router for aluminium+wood instead.

The design will be made of mig welded construction, square tubes 80x80x3 and small tubes under the big plate(the plate will have holes later) are 40x40x4. The 3 red plates are 10mm and they have holes for the square tubes for easy attachment. All yellow plates will be aluminium 20mm. X-yellow profiles are 2 pieces 90x180 aluminium extrusions. Y + Z weight about 140kg. I think 2x motors 12nm for Y can push it easily?

The parts I currently have:
    12x hgh35 blocks + rails
    1x 360mm ballscrew for Z
    4x nema 34 closed loop 12nm with hbs86h drivers
    2kw toroid transfomer 60vac
    some bf15 bk15 and couplers.

What ballscrew should i get for x and y, i was thinking for 2010?

For spindle I am thinking of 3kw water cooled.

The router overall dimensions are 1500y1200x1100z, the big steel plate on the table is 800x1500, my working envelope is 600X 1000Y 180Z
    Total weight 420kg. I can fill all the tubes with concrete or sand+epoxy for extra ridgity if needed.

I'll be happy for advises and critiques.