Milli a new composite mill kit - Page 70

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 206067686970
Results 1,381 to 1,388 of 1388

Thread: Milli a new composite mill kit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Milli a new composite mill kit

Hi Strawb - Oil recovery on hydraulic bearings would be a pain. I admit I have crashed robots, CNC mills and manual laths, probably every piece of equipment I have used I've crashed at some point I think I'll stay with the HUB bearings for now just have to find a good supplier. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All - dropped into a truck parts place today and looked at hub spiders for the base bearing. They are big! plus two bearing companies are looking for a suitable HUB3 type for me. So once those are sorted I can commence designing the Milli-IRB. The rest is fairly straight forward... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Peter,

Ever used food grade oil for tapping? I'm thinking colza oil(rapeseed oil), really popular here instead of sunflower oil but since its used in machinery too, I got curious if I could use it for tapping. I have a 1.4404 stainless steel plates and need to tap M4 threads. It's a part of a custom humidifier and since I'll be breathing in whatever is on the surface I'd love to avoid anything that's not biocompatible. The tap is a 3 piece.

Last edited by ardenum; 10-13-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ard - Nope always used tapping fluids for stainless. We call 1.4404 S316 here. Only one way to find out - try it. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi Ard - Nope always used tapping fluids for stainless. We call 1.4404 S316 here. Only one way to find out - try it. Peter
    I'm thinking I should have made an extra hole in the plate just to try things out. Anyway looking forward to the robot. Have you decided on what servo's to use on the axes? A harmonic+servo combo or a dedicated bldc drive? I've been looking to add 4th and 5th axis and found this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...63996440%22%7D

It's about $200 cheaper than a harmonic+80st servo I was considering before.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ard - re lub. I used to run a draw bench for making aluminium tubes and it used a combo of peanut oil and pigs fat. Horrible stuff when it went rancid the tank had about 600kg of the stuff... The bench was 22m long and the motor gearbox was the size of a small SUV... I have no idea about motors yet. I have to sort the bearings. I usually think through the design and try to solve the hard issues first. Motors are easy so way down the list. Looking at these for the arm bearings. But they are heavy. The first version will use as many stock easy to get parts as possible.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Milli a new composite mill kit-wheel-hubs-triton-jpg   Milli a new composite mill kit-hubs-pajero-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

nice diy robot

Downloads
    Uploads

Evening All - I have spoken to my resin supplier and they are happy to do a tensile modulus test on the CF sample. Excellent. Waiting on a drawing of the coupon size so I can get into it. Peter

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 206067686970