ATC spindle build help

Thread: ATC spindle build help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ATC spindle build help

Hello All,
    I am looking to build my own belt driven ATC type 2.2 kw spindle from scratch,I did looked on the forum and on the net but I couldn't find good detailed drawings can any one please help me with pdf drawings with measurements.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ATC spindle build help

Quote Originally Posted by Richco View Post
    Hello All,
    I am looking to build my own belt driven ATC type 2.2 kw spindle from scratch,I did looked on the forum and on the net but I couldn't find good detailed drawings can any one please help me with pdf drawings with measurements.
    Thanks
    When you build a spindle they are mostly custom and built around the Bearings being used what taper are you going to use this will take you to the next step, the Bearing size that will suit and from there the housing, you can sometimes find spindles 30 taper 40 taper already made and just have to make the housing to suit

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    When you build a spindle they are mostly custom and built around the Bearings being used what taper are you going to use this will take you to the next step, the Bearing size that will suit and from there the housing, you can sometimes find spindles 30 taper 40 taper already made and just have to make the housing to suit
    I agree completely.
    I used SKF 39mm id 68mm od and 37mm long wheel bearing for 40 taper.
    And if you are looking for a detailed drawings to build a spindle then you bather buy one.
    Not being rude but you obviously haw no idea what is involved to build one.
    You need good cnc machine(manual machine harder to nail the taper) to turn the parts on it,hardening of taper part of spindle and grinding taper to run properly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zvizdic View Post
    I agree completely.
    I used SKF 39mm id 68mm od and 37mm long wheel bearing for 40 taper.
    And if you are looking for a detailed drawings to build a spindle then you bather buy one.
    Not being rude but you obviously haw no idea what is involved to build one.
    You need good cnc machine(manual machine harder to nail the taper) to turn the parts on it,hardening of taper part of spindle and grinding taper to run proy.
    Thanks for your advise guys,i watched so0me you tube videos there are some diy spindle done on manual lathe machine,I am going to use 6006 zz,6007zz bearings.i found some half detail drawings where they used those bearing.I just want to try out this project.

Downloads
    Uploads

There are a few threads here that have the info you're looking for, if you can find them.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Richco View Post
    Thanks for your advise guys,i watched so0me you tube videos there are some diy spindle done on manual lathe machine,I am going to use 6006 zz,6007zz bearings.i found some half detail drawings where they used those bearing.I just want to try out this project.
    They are just a regular deep grove bearing, 6006zz and 6007zz are not suitable for spindle bearings if you where to use them you want to use 6006 2RS and 6007 2RS the ZZ is steel shields and do not seal the bearings the 2RS seal the bearing

Why are these bearings not suitable for spindle bearings, is there is no way to remove the bearing clearance, Angular contact / AC bearings are what you would use for a spindle build and you can preload these bearings to adjust so the spindle is rigid when cutting

Mactec54