Chinese BT30 Spindle Upgrade

Thread: Chinese BT30 Spindle Upgrade

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Chinese BT30 Spindle Upgrade

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice from all you guys out there who may have looked into the cheap Chinese spindles that are available in alliexpress or on alibaba.

I want to upgrade my current scratch built machine so I can machine steel effectively and just to improve my surface finish on aluminium and plastics. An added bonus if I get a BT30 taper will be the ability to make an Auto Tool Changer later on down the track. :-)

I'm currently running:

-ER16 cartridge spindle from Sherline.
    -1.1Kw (1.5hp) 3 phase motor - vbelt driven to the spindle
    -Danfoss Micro VFD
    -Mach 3 with Ethernet smoothstepper and CNC4PC breakout boards.
    -gecko drives for XYZ axis

I plan to make a new Zaxis head assembly around a cartridge style BT30 spindle.

Has anyone got any recommendations on who to get these spindles through? Or any warnings or experiences about ordering them?

I'm looking at:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3239...chweb201603_55

or something similar. Although I would prefer something with a spindle speed rated at 10,000rpm or higher.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese BT30 Spindle Upgrade

Most expansive part in the spindle is a bearings ask the seller bearing numbers and google to see how good they are.
    And how precise is machining for bearing fit. I am using car wheel bearing on my DIY Cnc mill. Time will tel how good that decision is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LBDesign View Post
    Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice from all you guys out there who may have looked into the cheap Chinese spindles that are available in alliexpress or on alibaba.

I want to upgrade my current scratch built machine so I can machine steel effectively and just to improve my surface finish on aluminium and plastics. An added bonus if I get a BT30 taper will be the ability to make an Auto Tool Changer later on down the track. :-)

I'm currently running:

-ER16 cartridge spindle from Sherline.
    -1.1Kw (1.5hp) 3 phase motor - vbelt driven to the spindle
    -Danfoss Micro VFD
    -Mach 3 with Ethernet smoothstepper and CNC4PC breakout boards.
    -gecko drives for XYZ axis

I plan to make a new Zaxis head assembly around a cartridge style BT30 spindle.

Has anyone got any recommendations on who to get these spindles through? Or any warnings or experiences about ordering them?

I'm looking at:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3239...chweb201603_55

or something similar. Although I would prefer something with a spindle speed rated at 10,000rpm or higher.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    Great idea just the spindle from the website you listed and upgrade it with new quality bearings,I am looking to build my own I need drawings,I posted my request here on the forum for drawings.