CNC Square Steel Tubing Plasma Cutter

Thread: CNC Square Steel Tubing Plasma Cutter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Square Steel Tubing Plasma Cutter

Hi Everyone,
    I am hoping to get some ideas and suggestions from the forums on the best way to approach this build. I thank you all in advance for your help.

I would like to cut and profile square tubing and I Beams.

I need help with the holding, rotating, and support end of things for large I Beam and square tubing. Exactly or similar to the Rimco Rotators, (not sure if I can use links? So I wont add here)

I will be handling steel I beam and tubing in widths of 24-36 inches and lengths up to 40 feet long.

The Rimco Rotators are great, however expensive so I have to build what I need. Looking at the Holders themselves they are a 2 piece design perfect for what I need. I have seen Rotator Holders like this which the clamping part is air or hydraulic driven (4 points).

I will probably copy this design but make it chain drive and or build to save cost but I thought I would reach out to the community to see if someone has built similar, on a smaller scale, or has better ideas.

Also hoping to have or build an air driven clamping setup self centering for the jaws in order to save time... However I cant seem to find any good examples to refer to.

I have attached an image.

Thanks again