Citizen L32 programming question on using G75

Thread: Citizen L32 programming question on using G75

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Citizen L32 programming question on using G75

I have a Citizen L32 with a mitsubishi Meldas series 500 control. I wanted to use the G75 cycle for chip breaking in the Z axis . I keep getting a program error and I am not sure on what format to enter in my P Q R numbers is it in decimal form or 4 digits. If any one has a program example that woulkd be appreciated . What I would like to do is start at a .400 dia. and cut a straight line in th z axis .700 taking maybe .030 at a pass or whaytever I need to do to control the chips.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Citizen L32 programming question on using G75

hello pls find attached infos about g75

is this what you are looking for ? to cut the part, or a groove ? or you wish for the LFV ?

if it is about:
    ... cutting/grooving, i never use g75, but simple g-code, for more control; if you wish, i will share an example
    ... LFV, then i may select infos from the manuals, and share it to you; i just searched, there is something, but it seems to be much more, in comparison to g75

What I would like to do is start at a .400 dia. and cut a straight line in th z axis .700 taking maybe .030 at a pass or whaytever I need to do to control the chips.
    i saw this later, it seems you are looking for LFV ... infos are spread all over the manuals, i will search later today

until then, just try this :
    ... increase your feed
    ... decrease your rpms

chips are broken by increasing the feed; also, if you work at an rpm that breaks your chips, increasing the rpm may no longer break them, but make them tangle arround ... thus a greater rpm may break your chips at a higher feed rate

i would start with a minimal M/min, and increase the feed

however, some soft materials simply don't break easy into smaller chips; i will be back with infos on LFV / kindly

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by deadlykitten; 07-06-2020 at 02:41 AM.
    the human body has enough iron to make a nail ... i can also make the hammer :) i mean a plastic hammer

Downloads
    Uploads

...using a "-" sign can cause a problem sometimes with P's and Q's or K's in canned cycles...depends on CNC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hello pls find attached infos about g75

is this what you are looking for ? to cut the part, or a groove ? or you wish for the LFV ?

if it is about:
    ... cutting/grooving, i never use g75, but simple g-code, for more control; if you wish, i will share an example
    ... LFV, then i may select infos from the manuals, and share it to you; i just searched, there is something, but it seems to be much more, in comparison to g75

i saw this later, it seems you are looking for LFV ... infos are spread all over the manuals, i will search later today

until then, just try this :
    ... increase your feed
    ... decrease your rpms

chips are broken by increasing the feed; also, if you work at an rpm that breaks your chips, increasing the rpm may no longer break them, but make them tangle arround ... thus a greater rpm may break your chips at a higher feed rate

i would start with a minimal M/min, and increase the feed

however, some soft materials simply don't break easy into smaller chips; i will be back with infos on LFV / kindly
    My machine does not have the LFV but with the G75 i am looking to do kind of the same thing. I do it all the time on our Fanuc controlled Lathes. I am just looking to straight turning, I have tried everything with feeds and speeds but the material just does not break up consistently to run unattended.

Downloads
    Uploads

hire a pro..

Downloads
    Uploads

If you can use macro's try this it works well on a mitsubishi m70

G0X.400Z-.05
    G1Z0.F.0025

#100=0(start point)
    #101=.030(peck dist.)
    #102=.700(depth)
    #103=.003(chip break)

WHILE[#100LT#102]DO1

IF[#100LT#102]GOTO100
    #100=#103(IF #100 GE #103 MAKE #100 THE SAME AS #103)(THIS AVOIDS OVER RUNNING THE FINAL DIM.)
    N100

G1Z[#100+#101]F.0025
    G1W-#103(BREAK CHIP could be a dwell also to break the chip)

#100=#100+#101
    END1

G1X.500
    G0Z-.1

Downloads
    Uploads

hy jim, please, what are you doing on the fanuc, that you wish to do also on the mitshubishi/citizen ?

is it similar to the code shared by rcs ?

the material just does not break up consistently to run unattended
    if possible, use an endmill to cut a longitudinal groove : this should break the chips when turning; obviously, this will require to lower your turning specs, and use an insert that can handle that bump, but may deliver a ' clean ' part

another trick may be to rough towards reverse_Z, thus the oposite way ( may require an insert with bigger nose radius, so not to break during plunging ); this won't break your chips, but may throw them into the chipconveyor;

* in both cases, may be required to adjust your operation in respect to guide bushing length / kindly

the human body has enough iron to make a nail ... i can also make the hammer :) i mean a plastic hammer

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rcs60 View Post
    If you can use macro's try this it works well on a mitsubishi m70

G0X.400Z-.05
    G1Z0.F.0025

#100=0(start point)
    #101=.030(peck dist.)
    #102=.700(depth)
    #103=.003(chip break)

WHILE[#100LT#102]DO1

IF[#100LT#102]GOTO100
    #100=#103(IF #100 GE #103 MAKE #100 THE SAME AS #103)(THIS AVOIDS OVER RUNNING THE FINAL DIM.)
    N100

G1Z[#100+#101]F.0025
    G1W-#103(BREAK CHIP could be a dwell also to break the chip)

#100=#100+#101
    END1

G1X.500
    G0Z-.1
    Thanks it worked out well

Downloads
    Uploads

your welcome

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again, recently i was talking with someone about this, and other solutions involves:
    ... cutting a "thread" with a relative big doc and lead ( at least > feed of turning operation )
    ... lfv tuned so to avoid ( or minimize ) air cut in order to extend tool life, but still break the chip / kindly