New citizen cincom L20

Thread: New citizen cincom L20

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New citizen cincom L20

We just recently took delivery of a citizen cincom L20 with a Mitsubishi control. This is the first swiss we have that isn't a tsugami. My operators/tech guys are asking for a load meter screen to monitor spindle and axis loads to be able to know what their tooling is doing. I can not for the life of me find where or how to activate those features for this machine. On Fanuc controllers they are right there......Any help is greatly appreciated!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New citizen cincom L20

hy, i have observed tool life for long setups, that would be there at least for a few months, and i worked with citizens and bigger lathes

i really have no clue if there is monitoring on citizen, simply because we would inspect the part, and decide if it was required to change a tool ... if you wish, consider using powerfull, big magnifying glass

our operator was experienced, being able to hear the machine and we used quality carbide

i just searched through the manuals, so please find attached pdf, about displaying the meters

i don't know how to use monitoring inside the program

On Fanuc controllers they are right there
    please, how do you use monitoring on fanuc ? do you implement it inside the program ? i know that is not related to your question, but i wish to know about fanuc's monitoring capabilities / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

on fanuc controls you can see the loads for the spindle and for the axis, generally in the Position screen. You can tell a lot about how a tool is running by watching the torque load required to feed a tool during a cut. On nearly every control I have used, whether it be a fanuc, or fanuc based, like on Fadal, or a Haas, Mitsubishi Meldas 60, Hiedenhien they all have torque load meters for each of the axis. This citizen which has a mits controller doesn't seem to have it readily available. It has never been anything I had to call up in a program, it's part of the machine display which is controlled by the PLC logic I suppose.......

Downloads
    Uploads

i believe that it is under the maintenance hard key
    then scroll thru the soft keys until you get to sp load soft key
    it will be a digital meter about 4-5 rows down