Touching off end face tool in B-axis

Thread: Touching off end face tool in B-axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Touching off end face tool in B-axis

We got a brand new L32 type xll so it’s got all the bells and whistles including a full b-axis. I’ve never used one before. So I touch off the tool on the face of my bar after performing a cutoff with a LH tool like it says but now when that tool is called up while I’m running it’s not even close. I added a g50 shift of .591(15mm) and still not close. My only thought is it’s something to do with using the G910 b0 command or I’m missing something obvious.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Touching off end face tool in B-axis

hy, i have experience with citizens, but not with b axis .... i googled it : yes, looks nice

i have good manuals for citizen, but not with b axis ... look inside yours, maybe there is something

i would measure it like a normal tool, and try to use it without rotating ( maybe in mdi, or by creating a small program ), at least to have a clue if offseting works ok... after that, i would activate the b axis, and check again

it may be possible that B axis has it's own wcs, in respect to the pivot point ... ask for a cutting code from your dealer / kindly

ps : is not a must to use a lh tool for cutting, you may setup up the cut-off / facing however you like ... it may be possible that during cut-off you have somehow a shifted coordinate; do you have experience with normal citizen, without b axis ?

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I have about 4 years experience running citizens just have never used a B axis before. I was able to figure it out today finally. After touching the tool off as it says in the book when you call up g910 B0 there must be a D1 right after the B0. Not entirely sure why it has something to do with the following line below it but once I did that it’s now cutting finally without me having to cheat by adding a ridiculous offset.

QUOTE=deadlykitten;2369942]hy, i have experience with citizens, but not with b axis .... i googled it : yes, looks nice

i have good manuals for citizen, but not with b axis ... look inside yours, maybe there is something

i would measure it like a normal tool, and try to use it without rotating ( maybe in mdi, or by creating a small program ), at least to have a clue if offseting works ok... after that, i would activate the b axis, and check again

it may be possible that B axis has it's own wcs, in respect to the pivot point ... ask for a cutting code from your dealer / kindly

ps : is not a must to use a lh tool for cutting, you may setup up the cut-off / facing however you like ... it may be possible that during cut-off you have somehow a shifted coordinate; do you have experience with normal citizen, without b axis ?[/QUOTE]