Drill tool holding

Thread: Drill tool holding

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Drill tool holding

Recently purchased a '95 Citizen E 25J . I had never operated a swiss lathe before so bear that in mind. Have it running fine and dandy.

However i am curious what most people are using to chuck drills into the tool holders with on these machines.

I had to make some custom sized sleeves to mount the drills into the bore of the tool holders. Its working fine but this is not a good way to operate long term. Especially when i need to make quick setups in the future. On all my other CNC lathes i just buy ER32 collet holders with a straight shank and mount them into the tool holder bores. However there is not enough room on this Swiss machine to add an ER collet chuck and still have a drill longer than maybe 1/2" mounted in it.