Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,

Thread: Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,

This happened after shut down for the night, have Fault light on DV5 board, gives me a lot of file loading errors,
    I am in process of replacing the pendant.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0479-jpg   Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0481-jpg   Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0482-jpg   Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0483-jpg  

Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0485-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,

David,
    If you have the control Manual it discusses the A2100 Analog PCA (Processor Control Assembly) which is the large Aluminum Box.
    Two Boards; the WSCPU (Far Left by Hard Drive) and the RTCPU (Far Right) in the control have CMOS BIOS Parameters stored on Volatile SRAM;
    which requires a battery voltage higher than 3.1 VDC to refresh and retain the BIOS settings in memory went not under power.
    BIOS is the “Basic Input – Output Instruction” set; making the board SMART enough to talk to other pieces of computer hardware; this is specific for each board part number.
    With power off, I would remove the RTCPU board, lay it on a bench and measure the battery voltage with a DMM by touching the battery top with red lead and the metal board case with the black lead.
    If under 3.1 VDC I would say the BIOS has been corrupted and needs to be reloaded. Contact Lissa Lue with the 3-424-xxxxAyy board part # or Fives-Hebron 1-800--934-0735 or 1-859-534-4750 (Technical Support)
    GWood (retired)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quite a few of the motherboards don't have batteries. The battery is built directly into the chip that holds the BIOS values. If you don't find a battery then this is probably the case. The battery backed RAMs last around 15 years. On my unit I actually put a battery in parallel with the legs on the IC which had the voltage output from the internal battery. It worked and I just had to make sure I kept the battery cell good after that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, GREG, checked the batteries,the one next to the hard drive is 3.05v and the one on the right is 3.08v, noticed some corrosion inside the pendant, cleaned, now it works good. New pendant is in the mail. thanks for the reply.

Downloads
    Uploads

PerúCncLima 16:30 14-04-2022
    Tengo un problema en mi driver de husillo modelo cincinnati milacron vsf5 230-00-203A cuál la SRAM interna a perdido la información, ya que la pila se había hinchado, cuando lo enciendo y me pide volver a precionar el botón verde no entra los accionamientos, conseguí un driver de husillo modelo 275 le copie la información del SRAM, ahora sí entra los accionamientos, referencian los ejes X, Y, Z pero cuando intenta referenciar el husillo este no gira y se alarma generando la 39-97 drive de husillo no listo Entonces dedusco que la información que copie no es compatible con mi motor y encoder de husillo, en mi país (Perú) no es comercial las maquinas cincinati por ese motivo recurro a ustedes si me podrían ayudar con esta información o mejorarme un equipo nuevo.

Downloads
    Uploads

A2100 Batteries on RTCPU (Far-Right) and WSCPU (Far-Left)
    DJ_Pigs; ASAP I would hook the RTCPU board and the WSCPU board up to an AT-PS2 form power supply (set to 115VAC for US & Canada) plugged into the wall using an old video ac cable on a bench.
    Change the battery under power!. If you use the power supply from the control don't forget to set the switch back to 230VAC before you put it back into the A2100.
    This will save you a lot of trouble.
    Batteries should be checked once or twice a year; more if the control is turned off for weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, so I fixed the Pendent issue, tested out good, aligned machine and moved around a bit , also ran a program...sat for a few days, went to start it today and when i started the program the spindle ran rough,
    and I had to shut it down, NOW, it will not align spindle, says spindle drive ready is on, but spindle enable signal is missing..or something like that..will post pic later..issue with spindle ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dj_pigs View Post
    Hi, so I fixed the Pendent issue, tested out good, aligned machine and moved around a bit , also ran a program...sat for a few days, went to start it today and when i started the program the spindle ran rough,
    and I had to shut it down, NOW, it will not align spindle, says spindle drive ready is on, but spindle enable signal is missing..or something like that..will post pic later..issue with spindle ?
    ...thx for follow up report back.

Last edited by machinehop5; 06-13-2022 at 10:29 PM. Reason: skin gas or grass..nofree rides

Downloads
    Uploads

Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0605-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

it is saying the control sent a signal to the spindle drive telling it to enable but the spindle drive did not respond that it is ready to run... Do you have a fault light on the spindle drive? You will probably need to connect Motionlink to see what faults are stored in the drive memory. It only stores approximately 20 most recent faults so if you keep cycling power before reading the history you may not be able to see the original fault.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you identify the location of the spindle drive,? I have the black boxes...

Downloads
    Uploads

Issue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0608-jpgIssue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0609-jpgIssue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0610-jpgIssue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0611-jpgIssue with Arrow 750, Acramatic A2100,-img_0612-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

By "black boxes" I assume you are referring to your servo drives. The spindle drive is the VFS5 (PSR4/5 is the power supply and BDS4's are the axis drives). Definitely looks like a fault light on your spindle drive in the picture. You'll need to access the error history I mentioned previously to hopefully point you in the correct direction (i.e. over-temp, over-current, feedback loss, etc.).

I don't know any history of your machine, but based on your earlier pictures almost looks like you are trying to resurrect a machine someone else disposed of (the pendant was in very rough shape). If power to the machine has been off for an extended period of time, the battery in your spindle drive may have gone dead which could prevent it from operating properly. The fact that your earlier response from Greg was worried about WS and RT batteries also make this a bit suspect that it may not have been powered up for a while. There appears to be a fairly recent repair tag on the spindle drive (5 years) but most shops will not do anything with the battery while working on the power section of the drive so it is likely your battery was not replaced at that time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ya I still have the work order for this, done by Mike Kilroy, Denis Norton., just might be the battery, if it has one, that little box was updated, will have to send them away again..

Downloads
    Uploads

well, I was getting ready to ship them today, unplugged all the wires, then decided to try one more time, plugged them back in and she started just fine...funny, What a Relief.