Need Help! Y Axis Over Travel when Aligning

Thread: Y Axis Over Travel when Aligning

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Y Axis Over Travel when Aligning

Hey there. Ive gotten so much help from this forum by just reading. Thanks everyone so much!

I have a problem and I don’t know how to proceed.
    We got a Tree VMC 750. We got it going and it’s been going good without too many issues. Today we couldn’t get it to align.

The Y Axis keeps over traveling and erroring out. I’ve slowed down feed rate to as low as it goes (7%) and it still over travels

I’m attaching the pictures of the 3 errors that pop up.

https://imgur.com/a/ObKrvmX

Thanks In advance for any help.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Y Axis Over Travel when Aligning-4d951305-4b81-43b6-9b9a-041c5643407c-jpg   Y Axis Over Travel when Aligning-70f59a06-4d19-4676-899c-d632ae187272-jpg   Y Axis Over Travel when Aligning-90b25c95-e298-4b00-b3c9-6cf31c600225-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Y Axis Over Travel when Aligning

...thats a Following Error problem. If, this machine has the DC Servo Dynamics Amp's/Drive system locate the Y Axis board and look for the "Signal or Gain" Pot and try adjusting it 1/4 to 1/2 a turn CW (more gain).\

added
    The above would be a quick test if, the Gain adjustment is borderline. Other issues maybe causing your problem like dirty Motor Tachometer. A sign of a dirty Tachs is rough or jumpy axis when moving.

Last edited by machinehop5; 08-13-2021 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added Signal or Gain

Downloads
    Uploads

I’m having a hard time finding where the Gain adjustment is. I’ve linked the manual to the servos below. I’m assuming it’s in the back control pad?

And no, the axis movements are not jumpy at all. Although the machine has not been really cleaned in a while.

https://mobile.yaskawa.com/delegate/...E-S800-16E.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

maactec54. He's the person you want when it comes to the Yask servopacks. Speak to him.

Downloads
    Uploads

Although servo tuning can cause those alarms, if it has been working and isn't now, seems unlikely. The fact that you said it keeps overtravelling, it seems far more likely the alarms are the result of the overtravel, and not anything to do with tuning.

Is it moving the correct direction to reference? If the TPA switch is stuck it will keep moving away from the switch until it overtravels.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it does move in the correct direction. It does seem to me that it over travels.

Usually what it does, it goes all the way up to the wall, and goes back a little bit. But it just keeps going and going until it errors out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GaryRenalds View Post
    Yes it does move in the correct direction. It does seem to me that it over travels.

Usually what it does, it goes all the way up to the wall, and goes back a little bit. But it just keeps going and going until it errors out.

Check your limit switches / sensors.

Downloads
    Uploads

If it is going the correct direction, it likely isn't seeing the TPA switch input so doesn't reverse and complete the Align cycle.

Switch may not be closing (or I have seen the dog fall off so switch isnt triggered). I've also seen the cable fail so even though the switch is working the signal can't get to the input card.

I believe your machine has 24V I/O...are you getting the 24V input to the card?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    If it is going the correct direction, it likely isn't seeing the TPA switch input so doesn't reverse and complete the Align cycle.

Switch may not be closing (or I have seen the dog fall off so switch isnt triggered). I've also seen the cable fail so even though the switch is working the signal can't get to the input card.

If they are NO type switches it could have a broken wire. Wire breaks only usually get picked up by controllers if they are NC type swiches.
    That's why many of us use NC.

Downloads
    Uploads

...for what its worth here is a Operator Manual for VMC750. I see some Axis Display etc viewing on page 3-27. Some where maybe you can view Switch conditions are ON or OFF using the Diagnostics
    http://websystem.gismo.se/gismo/file...G%20MANUAL.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have release 2.xx software as shown in the lower left corner of the 'SERVICE' screen; then look in
    System Configuration > Machine Application > TAB#2 > Is the 'Overtravel Switches' 'Checked'.
    If other software contact Fives-MSI Tech Support at 1-800-934-0735 8am-5pm EST