Cincinatti Arrow 500 spindle clamp speed

Thread: Cincinatti Arrow 500 spindle clamp speed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cincinatti Arrow 500 spindle clamp speed

Hi all, our 500 has just started to develop the nasty habit of smashing the tools out of the carousel every now & then. Also it does get stuck during tool change and holds at the tool change position with a "drawbar switch clamp not seen" error.
    This is an intermittent fault & it does seem like the drawbar is not moving very quickly at all despite the air pressure being ok.
    Anyone have any idea or can I add a slight delay before & during toolchange as a last resort as I'm running out of cutters!
    TIA...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cincinatti Arrow 500 spindle clamp speed

This machine needs 14 SCFM air at 85-90 PSI with a 1/2" airline and no restrictions or oilers added.
    The Spindle Tool Knockout MUST measure between .7mm and 1mm
    If this is correct then the Unclamp / Clamp / Tool Absent Switches need to be properly adjusted.
    OEM Cincinnati Technical support +1-800-934-0735 (Prompt for Cincinnati & Technical Support). 8am-5pm EST. You will need Machine Serial Number; Model Type such as 'ERO' and Controll Diagram # i.e. 9120xxxxy

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cincinatti Arrow 500 spindle clamp speed

Thanks gwood, looks like our compressor has a faulty pressure sensor and is sometimes bottoming out at 75 PSI, that it's when the problems start. I've altered the range & it seems much better, should of checked that first!
    New compressor required I think..