Arrow 1000 A2100 - Machine Off (Emergency Stop PB)

Thread: Arrow 1000 A2100 - Machine Off (Emergency Stop PB)

Default Arrow 1000 A2100 - Machine Off (Emergency Stop PB)

I've been slowly repairing / restoring an Arrow 1000 that was given to me. With some help and parts from Fives I finally have the machine fully loading into the A2100 system.

Now I am being greeted with a "Machine Off (Emergency Stop PB)" message on the bottom of the screen and my machine power contact not being pulled in.
    I have verified the console and pendant e-stops are functioning with a DVOM at the switches. I have also verified that the X, Y, and Z travel and over travel switches are changing states at the connector at the I/O board.
    Since the obvious items seemed good I looked around and I've followed kccrusher recommendation from https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cinci...y-stop-pb.html
    However, whenever I go into I/O screen it shows all input statuses as off. This led me to do a visual inspection of the I/O board and connectors. No issues found. Rechecked fuses and all good.

I feel like I'm lover looking something simple.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arrow 1000 A2100 - Machine Off (Emergency Stop PB)

All showing off sounds like still missing power on one of those boards. Try measuring VOLTAGE on each fuse with respect to machine ground (metal anywhere). Perhaps you will find a missing one? The big io board runs on 24vdc IIRC; sometimes one of the 24Vdc pcb traces gets blown off. I have helped customers in the past get running again by soldering on wire jumpers around the blown traces. Just an idea until someone who really knows answers!

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    All showing off sounds like still missing power on one of those boards. Try measuring VOLTAGE on each fuse with respect to machine ground (metal anywhere). Perhaps you will find a missing one? The big io board runs on 24vdc IIRC; sometimes one of the 24Vdc pcb traces gets blown off. I have helped customers in the past get running again by soldering on wire jumpers around the blown traces. Just an idea until someone who really knows answers!
    Thanks for advise. Them all being off is why I feel I'm missing something obvious. I'll go ahead and test that with a meter as all I did was a visual. Any illustration as to which exact trace(s) should have that 24v ref or a common low ref.
    When I get a chance to do this in the next day or so ill update with findings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just look for 24Vdc from the actual fuses to common. Common is any metal piece on the machine, cabinet backplane, a2100 metal enclosure, door hinge, etc. Dont worry about my pcb trace comment; it was not meant as something you should check, just to alert you that IF you DO have 24vdc on the fuse, then the problem may be inwards on the io board. Like you say, it is more likely you are missing the 24v at the fuse so easier to trace back to where it is missing from. Good luck.

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com