Need Help! Cincinnati Lamb V-CNC 750

Thread: Cincinnati Lamb V-CNC 750

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cincinnati Lamb V-CNC 750

Quick question for you guys. My company purchased a V-CNC 750 recently and I'm trying to get it going. I powered it up, went to home the machine and noticed it doesn't have a key for reference point/alignment axis. I went to move the table to be close to the machine zero indicators, but this machine doesn't have any. I have looked all over the axis looking for them. I can't imagine the machine not needing to find it location.
    Controls is a Fanuc 21i-Mb and its different than the one i ran years ago.

I'm hoping someone on here can hep me out.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cincinnati Lamb V-CNC 750

If it has absolute encoders it likely doesn't need to do an alignment when powered on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pretty much you don't have to. After doing more research last night, its basically just changing the parameters. I mean i did take it to what i assume was home and called it good. THanks for the help.

One other question, When i go to run the program after just running the same program. Why does i say unidentified tool in spindle? On the screen it shows it being the correct tool in settings.

Downloads
    Uploads

CFultz, I have supported this product since they were introduced in 2002 and can answer most of the questions you have.
    The unidentified tool in the spindle is caused by problems in the spindle knockout which should measure .5mm to 1mm.
    If this is verified to be correct; then you can adjust the Spindle Clamp and Tool Absent switches.
    Please contact technical support at 1-800-934-0735 (CINCINNATI) with your machine serial number; model type; and Control diagrams, from off the serial plate.
    GWood

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post
    CFultz, I have supported this product since they were introduced in 2002 and can answer most of the questions you have.
    The unidentified tool in the spindle is caused by problems in the spindle knockout which should measure .5mm to 1mm.
    If this is verified to be correct; then you can adjust the Spindle Clamp and Tool Absent switches.
    Please contact technical support at 1-800-934-0735 (CINCINNATI) with your machine serial number; model type; and Control diagrams, from off the serial plate.
    GWood
    I hate to ask this, but how would I go about checking it? Seems odd for this to be the issue, but I'm willing to check it out.

Downloads
    Uploads

CFultz,
    1) To Check the 'KNOCKOUT' use a clean tool holder taper with no sharp tool. wipe the Spindle Taper clean.
    2) Clamp the toolholder in the spindle with the deep notch facing the spindle key.
    3) Use a digital caliper to measure from the bottom side of the V-Flange up to the Face of the Spindle; record this. or Zero out the reading.
    4) With a helper, hold the tool firmly pushing it upward; have the helper unclamp the tool and keep the button down.
    5) Measure how far the tool was pushed out of the sticking taper of the spindle.
    6) The measurement should be at least .5mm (.020") to 1mm (.039"). if not correct STOP and correct Mechanical adjustments per the spindle and carrier assembly prints!
    7) If this is correct you can clamp the tool up in the spindle and adjust the 'TOOL CLAMP' PROX switch . It should have a 1mm air-gap move it up until OFF; then gently tap the prox bracket down until the Prox. turns on and then .4mm (.015") further down. Tighten up the switch bracket and rotate the spindle to see that it stays on. With the spindle key at 3 O'Clock; it should not line up with the setscrew hole in the coolant ring.
    8) Next remove the tool and loosen the retention stud about 1mm (.04"). Clamp the tool back up and adjust the 'TOOL ABSENT' PROX switch the same way as the 'TOOL CLAMP' switch.
    9) Remove the tool and put blue loctite on the retention knob threads and tighten it down to the correct torque.
    If you need more information, prints, or have questions:
    Please contact technical support at 1-800-934-0735 (CINCINNATI) or 1-859-534-4750 with your machine serial number; model type; and Control diagrams, from off the serial plate.
    GWood

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post
    CFultz,
    1) To Check the 'KNOCKOUT' use a clean tool holder taper with no sharp tool. wipe the Spindle Taper clean.
    2) Clamp the toolholder in the spindle with the deep notch facing the spindle key.
    3) Use a digital caliper to measure from the bottom side of the V-Flange up to the Face of the Spindle; record this. or Zero out the reading.
    4) With a helper, hold the tool firmly pushing it upward; have the helper unclamp the tool and keep the button down.
    5) Measure how far the tool was pushed out of the sticking taper of the spindle.
    6) The measurement should be at least .5mm (.020") to 1mm (.039"). if not correct STOP and correct Mechanical adjustments per the spindle and carrier assembly prints!
    7) If this is correct you can clamp the tool up in the spindle and adjust the 'TOOL CLAMP' PROX switch . It should have a 1mm air-gap move it up until OFF; then gently tap the prox bracket down until the Prox. turns on and then .4mm (.015") further down. Tighten up the switch bracket and rotate the spindle to see that it stays on. With the spindle key at 3 O'Clock; it should not line up with the setscrew hole in the coolant ring.
    8) Next remove the tool and loosen the retention stud about 1mm (.04"). Clamp the tool back up and adjust the 'TOOL ABSENT' PROX switch the same way as the 'TOOL CLAMP' switch.
    9) Remove the tool and put blue loctite on the retention knob threads and tighten it down to the correct torque.
    If you need more information, prints, or have questions:
    Please contact technical support at 1-800-934-0735 (CINCINNATI) or 1-859-534-4750 with your machine serial number; model type; and Control diagrams, from off the serial plate.
    GWood
    Awesome, Thank you. I will try this. If I need anymore assistance, I will call the number you proved.