Cincinnati Arrow 500 encoder alignment for vickers drives

Thread: Cincinnati Arrow 500 encoder alignment for vickers drives

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cincinnati Arrow 500 encoder alignment for vickers drives

Hello All,
    I have a new to me Cincinnati arrow 500 with the A2100 controls year 2000 model and the white and blue vickers drives. The drive for the z axis is model AS10302. I have been working through problems trying to get it to run. I got to the point where i was trying to align the machine and had a z axis brake issue that i resolved but in the process i did something dumb and removed the encoder off the z axis motor to get to the brake assembly. (brake was fine, other problem) I am now aware of what a mistake that was. So i now have the drive hooked to a laptop with motion link pulled up and am able to connect to the drive after doing the echo 1 thing. I can get to the screen that shows me the the encoder type, halls, enc start, enc init, and zeroing. I have the drive off of the machine and have been able to enable it and do the zeroing current and the motor twitches. My problem is i dont know what to do from here. Does anyone have any experience realigning the encoders on these machines? mike_Kilroy the guy i need to talk to?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cincinnati Arrow 500 encoder alignment for vickers drives

I have the procedure. I send u later.

Wys?ane z mojego D5803 przy u?yciu Tapatalka

Downloads
    Uploads

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcvjhcxg20...ient.docx?dl=0

Downloads
    Uploads

I could be missing something but that looks like instructions for the spindle encoder and im trying to align the encoder for the z axis motor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, I wasn't fully awake.

Downloads
    Uploads

Simple at that point, no instruction manual needed...

Turn zero on, motor locks to a pole. loosen the encoder mount screws and rotate it so the position feedback arrow points to 0 on the display. Tighten encoder. Done.

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Is the problem solved with mike_Kilroy's solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo429 View Post
    Hello All,
    I have a new to me Cincinnati arrow 500 with the A2100 controls year 2000 model and the white and blue vickers drives. The drive for the z axis is model AS10302. I have been working through problems trying to get it to run. I got to the point where i was trying to align the machine and had a z axis brake issue that i resolved but in the process i did something dumb and removed the encoder off the z axis motor to get to the brake assembly. (brake was fine, other problem) I am now aware of what a mistake that was. So i now have the drive hooked to a laptop with motion link pulled up and am able to connect to the drive after doing the echo 1 thing. I can get to the screen that shows me the the encoder type, halls, enc start, enc init, and zeroing. I have the drive off of the machine and have been able to enable it and do the zeroing current and the motor twitches. My problem is i dont know what to do from here. Does anyone have any experience realigning the encoders on these machines? mike_Kilroy the guy i need to talk to?

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html