4th axis question...

Thread: 4th axis question...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4th axis question...

Can anyone confirm that their 4th axis can do full 4 axis simultaneous machining. Mine does not. seems it will only position,then 3 axis.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4th axis question...

Coop31,
    It depends on the A2100 Control options and the type of Rotary Table. All of the Troyke tables driven by wormwheel drives and servo motors were full 720,000 degree infinite contouring tables.
    I have no idea of what you have or the control options. GregW

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a2100 control with 4th axis ready from factory. I bought a Cincinnati Milacron Sabre labeled NC-10-B 4th axis. It hooked right up to the machine with no alterations.

4th axis seems to work... aligns, moves ect.

Problem is when I write a program to use it. After every line of code eg G1X1.Y1.A5.F50. the 4th axis locks and then unlocks again before the next line of code..doesn't matter if I program M11 or not, same thing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you program A 5.5. It looks like you have a indexing A axis that is every 1 degree not a contouring table.

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

I have looked at the OEM Documsntation 91203948-001_VMC_Rel2.3x_Rotary_Axes_Configs and do not see and indexing option for the Verticals.
    If you are running in single blocl or in G60 positioning mode; this might explain it. Call the OEM at 859-534-4750 Cincinnati - Technical Support; I'll try to help.
    GregW

Downloads
    Uploads

Coop and I found that in the A2100 'SYS-Config' > 'AXES' > 'Axis-Data-Tab' > 'DV7-1_Port 5' > the rotary Increment was set equal to 0.00010. Anything other than ZERO turns the rotary table into an Indexing Table with a Clamp and Axis disable after every move.
    GregW

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post
    Coop and I found that in the A2100 'SYS-Config' > 'AXES' > 'Axis-Data-Tab' > 'DV7-1_Port 5' > the rotary Increment was set equal to 0.00010. Anything other than ZERO turns the rotary table into an Indexing Table with a Clamp and Axis disable after every move.
    GregW
    Thanks for the help today Greg!