Nt3.5?

Thread: Nt3.5?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Nt3.5?

Was it common back in the day for the A2100 controls to be running Windows NT3.5? Got another arrow 750 last week and to my surprise it had NT3.5. I've had my hands on a dozen or so of these machines and this is the first time I've seen this. All others were Nt4.0

Downloads
    Uploads

All of the hard drives came with NT3.51 initially. It wasn't until around 97-98 that they switched to NT4.0.

Downloads
    Uploads

A couple of my machines are older than this one. They must have had the hard drives replaced somewhere along the line before I acquired them.

I got this one updated to Nt4. Was a pretty simple process really.

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't forget about Y2K, companies that had to be fully compliant had to upgrade these to NT4 before January 1, 2000. I had a lot of operator complaints after the upgrades because the control took even longer to load.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Nt3.5?

How did you update to NT 4.0? What software did you use? I need to clone a hard drive to IDE compact flash, what software works best for this??
    Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    How did you update to NT 4.0? What software did you use? I need to clone a hard drive to IDE compact flash, what software works best for this??
    Thanks in advance
    I used a nt4 install cd. Had to copy 2 files off of another machines hard drive to make it work.
    As far as cloning software I use hdclone.
    I think it's obvious to say only attempt this if you know what you are doing, and only mess with the os on a cloned hard drive.