Need Help! RT processor board

Thread: RT processor board

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RT processor board

While trying to upgrade the work light in a Falcon 300 lathe the memory battery went dead on the Real Time processor and I've lost everything. In my futile attempts at revitalization I have upgraded the WS processor and the Bridge Board. Also I have reused the 'Personality Chip' from the old controller and re-authorized it but still have not been able to revive the RT processor. Our floppy drive doesn't seem to work and the backup disks are blank. If I can find a viable backup what steps do I take to reload the bios into the RT processor? I'm a novice at this but learning fast. I'm sure from what I have read that most of the issues are self inflicted. I am an electrician but i'm in a little deep. Any Help is appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RT processor board

If you need any parts let me know. I have a machine that will be taken out of the shop in 2 weeks that has a complete control cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya2020 View Post
    While trying to upgrade the work light in a Falcon 300 lathe the memory battery went dead on the Real Time processor and I've lost everything. In my futile attempts at revitalization I have upgraded the WS processor and the Bridge Board. Also I have reused the 'Personality Chip' from the old controller and re-authorized it but still have not been able to revive the RT processor. Our floppy drive doesn't seem to work and the backup disks are blank. If I can find a viable backup what steps do I take to reload the bios into the RT processor? I'm a novice at this but learning fast. I'm sure from what I have read that most of the issues are self inflicted. I am an electrician but i'm in a little deep. Any Help is appreciated.
    What you need depends on which board you have, but from past experience, almost no shops have what is needed to do this themselves. The easiest thing to do is send me a PM with your RT board number and I'll get back to you with how you can send the board to me to be reflashed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Duybya 2020,
    If it has a visible battery on it then; it can be re-flashed without the need for expensive repair; contact William.Oehler@FivesGroup.com he can help you.
    He will need the 3-424-xxxxAyy number off of the small bar-code label on the bottom inside lip of the aluminum RT-CPU board chassis.
    He can re-program the Bios for you.
    GW

Downloads
    Uploads

I had the help of Siemens support, They had the BIOS that I needed. I had to find a PCI graphics card to load it but all went smooth. Having some issues with the software, particularly the spindle speed that's currently giving us fits. The error says that the spindle isn't getting up to speed in time. Any thoughts on a remedy?