Need Help! NCA Spindle drive alarm

Thread: NCA Spindle drive alarm

Default NCA Spindle drive alarm

Hello all. I have a problem with alarm 39-137. An alarm is being posted by the spindle axis drive in APC rack 3. (Siemens 611 node address 5).{SPINDLE3ZSW1BIT 3}{SZ_FAULTPRES}is ON.
    Remedy> Clear the alarm .Press the R F iluminated LED reset button{just below the X411 connector} on the drive.The LCD display should change to ____run and the green RUN LED{just below the X423 connector} should come on. Clear the APC Rack Communication and Encoder Error alarms that will have been posted on the control.I have done all this but again the problem exists and does not return to ___run.
    we have a c.n.c 3 axis machine Cincinnati arrow 2, with siemens
    acramatic control 2100,vmc 4.13 kk 010707 with
    service pack 6.
    Control serial number is: 51-A21001Y-09751..
    The alarm being posted on the screen is 39-137 NCA spindle drive alarm when i try to release the red power button.
    ?efore that fault many years now we had a problem with the spindle when it was spinning at over 1200 rpm and we wanted to stop it from spinning it was falling and I had to turn it off from the main supply and turn it on again. ?therwise I had to reduce the speed on MDI gradually by 200 rpm until it reached below 1200 rpm to press the stop. We worked this way for many years since we couldn't find the right technician to fix it for us. A few days ago I thought about looking at it and taking it out and putting in the cables just in case that it doesn't make any good contact. since then I have the error that I describe to you above and I can't even work as I did.The old problem was something about the brake from the spindle i think. It could not stop softly over 1200rpm and the Z axis was falling abruptly when that happens.
    But now we have also the problem which I described to you above.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_1772-jpg   NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_1710-jpg   NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_1763-jpg   NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_1808-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NCA Spindle drive alarm

Your 2100 control is only able to tell you a little bit about the fault, which is essentially your Spindle drive has a fault on it.
    The spindle drive fault code(s) is what is relevant. I don't have my manual with me, but if I'm remembering correctly, the E-A504 indicates a Measuring Circuit Error - Essentially saying the encoder signal level is too low or it detected a broken cable.
    Typical causes would be Bad Encoder on the motor, bad cable from the motor to the drive, or bad controller card in the drive (which monitors the circuit). You said this started after you "thought about looking at it and taking it out and putting in the cables just in case that it doesn't make any good contact". I'm assuming you did more than thought about it and actually disconnected the cables and hooked them back up. If so, I'd be most concerned with poor connections/broken wires in the cable where you moved it.

?hanks for the advice. Is it easy in your opinion to take out the motor and the encoder so we can check this out?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_1891-jpg   NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_1710-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The motor isn't all that hard to take out, loosen the spindle belts, disconnect the cables and gently lift it out, but the spindle orientation will need to be reset once it is reinstalled if you do take it out.

The encoder is probably best left to an expert though. If I'm remembering that motor correctly, it must be timed to the spindle very accurately, so if you take it off and then reinstall it, the motor won't function properly anymore.

If I'm remembering your situation correctly though, best to start with the cable since it seems your current issue only started after removing and reconnecting the cable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Biggalis,
    The EA-504 is a feedback alarm. The Spindle Encoder is a 1 Volt Peak-To-Peak and is sensitive to noise if there is bad grounding.
    If the spindle was run at high rpms the encoders are famous fro self destruction over time.
    They are easy to replace without removing the Spindle Motor; but the Spindle Orient needs to be re-Set.
    You have a bigger problem with the Drive Power Supply "Infeed/Regen" which tacks the Back EMF from the motor and converts it to
    be dumped back onto the incoming power.
    Best Regards,
    GW

Downloads
    Uploads

I had a similar issue with stoping the spundle. I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out, but no one could seem to help. I was out messing in the parameters on a new years morning and came across these settings. They were all zeros before, and I settled on these settings. Been running for 6 years like this.

Quote Originally Posted by biggalis View Post
    Hello all. I have a problem with alarm 39-137. An alarm is being posted by the spindle axis drive in APC rack 3. (Siemens 611 node address 5).{SPINDLE3ZSW1BIT 3}{SZ_FAULTPRES}is ON.
    Remedy> Clear the alarm .Press the R F iluminated LED reset button{just below the X411 connector} on the drive.The LCD display should change to ____run and the green RUN LED{just below the X423 connector} should come on. Clear the APC Rack Communication and Encoder Error alarms that will have been posted on the control.I have done all this but again the problem exists and does not return to ___run.
    we have a c.n.c 3 axis machine Cincinnati arrow 2, with siemens
    acramatic control 2100,vmc 4.13 kk 010707 with
    service pack 6.
    Control serial number is: 51-A21001Y-09751..
    The alarm being posted on the screen is 39-137 NCA spindle drive alarm when i try to release the red power button.
    ?efore that fault many years now we had a problem with the spindle when it was spinning at over 1200 rpm and we wanted to stop it from spinning it was falling and I had to turn it off from the main supply and turn it on again. ?therwise I had to reduce the speed on MDI gradually by 200 rpm until it reached below 1200 rpm to press the stop. We worked this way for many years since we couldn't find the right technician to fix it for us. A few days ago I thought about looking at it and taking it out and putting in the cables just in case that it doesn't make any good contact. since then I have the error that I describe to you above and I can't even work as I did.The old problem was something about the brake from the spindle i think. It could not stop softly over 1200rpm and the Z axis was falling abruptly when that happens.
    But now we have also the problem which I described to you above.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NCA Spindle drive alarm-screenshot_20200517-182404_dropbox-jpg  

Good morning.Thanks for your interesting.?ur problem is solved!! ?pparently the Dip Switch bit 3 had moved on ON position. I turned the dip switch 3 to off and my problem regarding the spindle brake rpm solved!!

But after some days working normally we had our cnc on power just sitting and suddenly this message appears.On all axis drive i am getting the alarm 599. What does it means? Can someone help NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_2183-jpgNCA Spindle drive alarm-img_2180-jpgme?
    (attachment).

Best regards.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_2183-jpg   NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_2180-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe the 599 alarm on the drive is simply indicating the Profibus connection was interrupted. If this occurred at the same time as the power supply malfunction, they are likely related as the Power supply malfunction could have affected the profibus signal in the A2100.

From my experience, the Power Supply Malfunction usually means exactly what it sounds like, the power supply (in the A2100 control) malfunctioned. These can be very intermittent faults for a long time, but due to the risk of damaging other components (and corrupting the hard drive), not usually worth the risk of letting it fail too many times.

Replacing the power supply usually fixes the issue, but there are other possible causes that will need to be looked at if it continues to fail with a new power supply.

Thanks for reply. Do you know were can i find a power supply? I dont even know what that looks like. Also i thinking to change the cable from motor to drive cause i believe is damage buti cannot find the type of the cable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by biggalis View Post
    Thanks for reply. Do you know were can i find a power supply? I dont even know what that looks like. Also i thinking to change the cable from motor to drive cause i believe is damage buti cannot find the type of the cable.
    Search for AT power supply on Amazon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NCA Spindle drive alarm-screenshot_20200519-071206_amazon-shopping-jpg  

Thank you. Now i managed with simocomU to clear all the previous alarms that appears on the drives.But now i am getting an APC start fail alarm.Is there a possibility to made something wrong with SimocomU?
    Any ideas for that?
    NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_2566-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NCA Spindle drive alarm-img_2566-jpg