Need Help! Cincinnati Arrow 1000 / A2100 Control - computer keeps freezing

Thread: Cincinnati Arrow 1000 / A2100 Control - computer keeps freezing

Default Cincinnati Arrow 1000 / A2100 Control - computer keeps freezing

Hi everyone,

I have an Arrow 1000 with the A2100 control, its been a great machine but lately the computer has been freezing up. No errors, no alarms it just stops (sometimes mid tool change). When you boot back up, the tram location for the Z axis goes missing. After re-tramming it runs OK for a few hours then freezes up again.

I am assuming something to do with the hard drive? Any advice on where to start is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Kyle

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cincinnati Arrow 1000 / A2100 Control - computer keeps freezing

Maybe check batteries in computer.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

The control just freezing is a relatively rare occurrence on the A2100. If it is a hard drive, you will usually see a BSOD or Dr. Watson error, but I can't rule it out as a possibility without testing it.

I would guess your WS Board as the most likely cause since it is essentially the Windows PC in the control. Depending on when/how it freezes up, it could also be a RT board but that seems unlikely as you you should see a RT timeout alarm if the RT freezes up.

You could start with the power supply as this is relatively easy and inexpensive to replace and could cause WS Board issues but it doesn't seem the most likely.

One final (but unlikely based on your description) possibility is the keyboard or touchscreen. I've seen an input on both of these get stuck on, resulting in the control processing infinite inputs which can cause it to appear locked up as it is working non-stop processing the key/screen input but this wouldn't normally occur at a tool change unless the operator is working on something else on the control while the machine is running.

And if it always happens during a tool change and not at any other time, you need to determine if something in the ATC cycle is causing it.