air blast

Thread: air blast

Downloads
    Uploads

Default air blast

hello all

I was wondering if I switch the air blast through spindle in g code? In Acramatic a2100

Thanks Karl

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: air blast

Are you talking about air blast when a tool is changed? If so, the machine blasts air on its own if the machine is equipped with such feature. My machine has half the hardware for it, I am looking to add the other half to get an air blast to clear spindle/tool.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did see in the software m70 function is activate, so I'm going to put a relay to make a air blast. how to i activate or set m code?

Downloads
    Uploads

My machine had air blast active already. My machine already had the solenoid in the back and was in fact working. There was a plug in the air hose however stopping you from hearing the air blast. There was no tubing going from the pneumatic cabinet up to the spindle, and there is no hardware in my spindle for the air blast. In order for me to get my machine using air blast, all I need to do is run an air line from the plugged air line in the pneumatic cabinet, and install a rotary coupling on top of the spindle, then hook air to the coupling. From that point on you will have air blast. Its not as easy as it sounds it would be as the machine only has HALF the hardware needed even though it is activated in the software. If you truly are interested in doing this I can try and take pictures for you so you know what I am talking about. However currently I am having issues with cnczone's website.

Downloads
    Uploads

What machine model do you have?? With a 2100 control it should have a air blast thru the spindle standard to blow off any chips when doing a tool change. Check your electrical prints. I show it as SL-AIR BLAST output # 25. to rack 3 #17. The air sol is #13. You need to give us the control diagram # on the back door panel.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

mechardt55, are you asking me which model I have? Or the jarl85?

If you are asking me. I have an Arrow 2 1250C. I too thought it should be standard to have a spindle air blast as every other machine I have ever seen has one. However when you contact FIVES, they insist that is not a standard thing nor should you EVER need an air blast UNLESS you have thru spindle coolant to blast any coolant in spindle and NOT to blast chips from spindle. They say you should not get any chips in spindle if the machine is used correctly. Lightly brushing off parts with a small chip brush when swapping parts out and NOT using an air hose at all. They suggest if a brush wont work to use a light pressure coolant wash down hose to hose off part/fixture instead of air. That will collect the chip and pull it DOWN into the bottom of the machine instead of it being blasted by air and bouncing upwards. However. I have been in quite a few shops and have NEVER seen a shop NOT use an air hose to clean out parts when switching parts. With that rant out of the way. The control is ENABLED for air blast. I do have the selenoid installed in the machine. However I do NOT have the rotary coupler on top of the spindle for the air or coolant. There is also another selenoid that needs to be installed to use the thru spindle coolant which is installed on top of spindle as well. I am missing EVERYTHING needed for either Air Blast or Coolant thru spindle at the top of the spindle. I hav e found the rotary coupling needed. However I am still annoyed and cant justify at the moment spending $1,000 on parts to get spindle air blast. Maybe in a few months I will. But still annoyed that it isnt Standard.

Arrow 1250C Model Type EKK (Year 2000 Mechanical design)
    Control Wiring Diagrams: 91204223

Rotary Part # I need for Air Blast is 0012686420000
    https://www.deublin.com/1109-053-188/

If you know of another part that would work for Air Blast I willgladly take suggestions. I hope I am not stealing this entirely from the OP. I do see this as adding info that the OP may be able to use for his problem as well. I have already had this all figured out before this thread, or at least I THINK I had this all figured out lol

Downloads
    Uploads

On the newer machine that you have the air blast in inside the tool disk each time the tools are indexed. Do you hear a air blast when the tools are indexed?? Look at your electrical prints on page 11 of 52. The upper right hand of the page shows sol 13 (spindle) and sol 22A (tool change). You might have a bad valve or a bad output driver, trace it back and look at the lights.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

I do hear that air blast that you speak of in the tool changer. However when I talk with FIVES they say that is to clear the gear that rotates the tool magazine and is not for the tools themselves. This does make sense as that air blast is on the complete opposite side of the magazine then where the spindle is. I would need to use more than half of the spot in the magazine to get the magazine to rotate all the way around to pass all tools under the air blast. I am currently only using 9 tools in this operation and it goes from T9 to T1 by passing over T8-T2 instead of T10-T21 which would pass the tools under air blast. So I dont consider that a chip air blast for tools as that is a pain to program in multiple empty tool changes to get it to pass the tools under the air blast, let alone adding time to my production run that is not needed. Doesnt this seem like poor machine design? Or I am the only one here who thinks this? lol I guess maybe a bandaid would be to do empty tool changes to get under air blast.