Need Help! Broaching on hawk200

Thread: Broaching on hawk200

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Broaching on hawk200

We have a hawk200 w/ A2100 control and have the PH Horn tools to internal broach, but not sure which way to program it. We are producing belt pulleys with a 35mm bore and key way for an 8x10 key. I have the start, as I can orient and lock the spindle, get it to run a couple passes with G1 to test. Which canned cycle do most use to produce the multiple passes without programming each move? Usually program with our CAM software and only use the drilling, reaming cycles. Looked through the manual but not sure if the std ID turning cycle or ?? Previous owner said he had used a face grooving cycle? Any direction would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Broaching on hawk200

just a followup; got through the job with standard code; all the fixed cycles I tried would alarm out as the spindle was not running. I got surfcam to produce the moves and changed the spindle code to what we needed to orient and lock it in the post.

Downloads
    Uploads

What code did you use for orienting the spindle? I have a job with an A2100 control and have no idea how to lock the C axis in place

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Third-Gen View Post
    What code did you use for orienting the spindle? I have a job with an A2100 control and have no idea how to lock the C axis in place
    I will look when I get to the shop tomorrow. I believe M19 is the spindle lock and has to be used with a linear move.

Downloads
    Uploads

PM'd the code