Acramatic 2100 - how to use the serial port

Thread: Acramatic 2100 - how to use the serial port

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Acramatic 2100 - how to use the serial port

It looks like the achromatic 2100 controller allows programs to be brought into the controller via a serial RS-232 interface. From what I gather from the docs, whatever is on the other end of the serial line must cooperate in a 'file transfer dialog'. Does anybody know what that is?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Acramatic 2100 - how to use the serial port

You need to set up your serial port settings on you pc ( generally only one port on my laptop is a serial port (still looks like a usb ). The com port settings I use are 8 , 1 , none with 9600 baud rate . Make sure the machine is also set to 8 , 1 , none and 9600 .
    I also use a n dnc program to feed the info from lap top to machine . via a usb to serial port adaptor ( sounds more complicated than it actually is )
    For large programs , select programs , load program , select com port , Run without loading, select continuous , click load on machine then send from laptop. It will take maybe a minute to see the program load on machine - make sure the program is at the start on the machine .
    If you send the program before clicking load on the machine you may find you are missing the first part of your program .
    I will run through it tomorrow and re clarify , unless some one tells you more clearly before hand .

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is one possible way to Link between PC and CNC. This way it's possible to Link to any PC on the Network.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/DTU-H100-RS...QAAOSwgv5ZP45-

Downloads
    Uploads

I had my IT department map the hard drive on my Cincinnati Arrow 1000 then create a short cut on my desktop. That way I can upload and backup as needed

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by supraman View Post
    For large programs , select programs , load program , select com port , Run without loading, select continuous , click load on machine then send from laptop..
    thanks,

I'm using putty , so I just select ALL in my text editor, switch putty window and SHIFT+INSERT

Downloads
    Uploads

I use RDWorks. I believe it's a free program. It came bundled with the laser I have & it communicates directly with the controller software on the laser through an ethernet hardwire. It might be worth a shot to check it out settings for serial port.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TokinSpokane
    Custom Crafts

Downloads
    Uploads

why bother with serial? these machines are so easy to install a network card in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by coop31 View Post
    why bother with serial? these machines are so easy to install a network card in.
    This thread is a few months old but can you elaborate on setting up network card? My machine doesn't have the option turned on....
    Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by trelos_zoi View Post
    This thread is a few months old but can you elaborate on setting up network card? My machine doesn't have the option turned on....
    Thanks!
    You don't need the option turned on. Install network card, share a folder on the a2100 computer, transfer your programs to this folder, then import into machine software.

I have 4 arrows, and I do this with all of them. Only one has the network option.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by coop31 View Post
    You don't need the option turned on. Install network card, share a folder on the a2100 computer, transfer your programs to this folder, then import into machine software.

I have 4 arrows, and I do this with all of them. Only one has the network option.

OK, thanks for replying, good info. Do you have any recommendations on network card?

Downloads
    Uploads

Coop is correct that you can use a network card without the software option turned on, but it is integrated much more fully into the control if the option is enabled. He obviously was successful at installing them himself, but I have also been to shops that installed a network card thinking they could do this and ended up causing other issues with the machine. These components go back to before "Plug and Play" was a thing, and the cards must be manually set up properly or it can cause conflicts with the communication between the other components in the system.

But I do agree with Coop that the network interface is a far better way to go than RS-232. I used to install the network option in every A2100 I sold, and actually still have a few of the cards left.

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Acramatic 2100 - how to use the serial port

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    Coop is correct that you can use a network card without the software option turned on, but it is integrated much more fully into the control if the option is enabled. He obviously was successful at installing them himself, but I have also been to shops that installed a network card thinking they could do this and ended up causing other issues with the machine. These components go back to before "Plug and Play" was a thing, and the cards must be manually set up properly or it can cause conflicts with the communication between the other components in the system.

But I do agree with Coop that the network interface is a far better way to go than RS-232. I used to install the network option in every A2100 I sold, and actually still have a few of the cards left.

Can you let me know if you are interesting in selling a network card? I'd be interested in knowing any particular steps required for install as well if your willing to share? Or I'd even be willing to pay for a bit of consulting on this so I don't mess it up. Keep in mind this is a low budget garage operation... ; )

This is on a Tree 750 as well fyi. Not sure if there are any major differences in networking the controller on a Cincinnati vs. Tree.

Appreciate the input so far. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

The Network option was sold as a control option by ESD which included both the software unlock and hardware to be installed, so I believe the hardware was the same for both Tree and Cincinnati. What I am not sure of is what Tree may have incorporated into their MAI for Networking which could affect your specific setup.

I would consider selling you one, but it has been a while so would need to test them first to verify everything was pre-configured before I could sell it to you. I can't remember what the configuration was though so if I haven't configured them already, I'll have to dig deep into the archives to see if I can find the config again. If you are interested, send me a PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Whether I use the serial port or wireless, is there an issue with the version of laptop software? Will Windows 10 work okay?

Downloads
    Uploads

ive been having a bunch of issues using the serial port on my machine, i keep getting issues including alarm 43-1 an error occurred reading the next segment of program, the other one i keep getting is 48-70 an end of program was not executed, i have not yet been able to get past 50% of my program and the code looks absolutely fine

the file i want to run is a test part and eventual will be over 10 times larger. would anyone be able to offer assistance, its a sabre 750 running the 2100 control.

(happily pay someone to get me out of this situation, its incredible frustrating)
    thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

Saying "the code looks absolutely fine" is meaningless when it comes to RS232 because RS232 has nothing to do with G code (other than it is used to transfer G code programs as what is essentially a text file). Some controls do require an M2 or M30 to recognize the end of a G-code program but that has never been required on the A2100 controls I set up.

You need to start with your settings, handshake and cable. If any of these are incompatible you will have issues. Have you captured any of what is being sent before it fails? Seeing this can give directions to proceed based on what is (or is not) coming across.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I have an arrow 750 A2100 control I am trying to get large programs to drip feed I am using dnc4u and have 9 pin to 9 pin null modem cable serial port settings are the same am I missing some setting perimeters
    All help much appreciated
    Thanks Mick