Need Help! A2100 start up diagnostics

Thread: A2100 start up diagnostics

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default A2100 start up diagnostics

Hello

I had the "Power supply malfunction" fail (8004e) many times without any dependence and tendency, so I was adviced to disassembly, clean the ISA ports and assembly again all the components of the controller. I disassembled, cleaned carefully with fine sandpaper the ISA's for any oxidations (male and female), blew them with compressed air and assembled again.
    1. As result the system started to fail on the hardware diagnostics (Bridge board WS- Failed). Only once from about 10 times it passed the whole diagnostics and the machine worked about 1 hour fine, then appeared Realtime timeout (8004d) and since then it won't pass the Bridge board WS diagnostic. On the extended diagnostics appears sometimes 80C31: Failed; Realtime processor power-up: Failed and sometimes
    80C31: OK; Realtime processor power-up: Failed. Can anybody give me advice where should I look for bad connection or something...

2. What's the proper position for hooking up the reset cable on the Bridge board (pic 1 or pic 2)??? On the pic 3 is how it's connected to the RT board.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A2100 start up diagnostics-1-jpg   A2100 start up diagnostics-2-jpg   A2100 start up diagnostics-3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A2100 start up diagnostics

Quote Originally Posted by Kumanov View Post
    Hello

I had the "Power supply malfunction" fail (8004e) many times without any dependence and tendency, so I was adviced to disassembly, clean the ISA ports and assembly again all the components of the controller. I disassembled, cleaned carefully with fine sandpaper the ISA's for any oxidations (male and female), blew them with compressed air and assembled again.
    1. As result the system started to fail on the hardware diagnostics (Bridge board WS- Failed). Only once from about 10 times it passed the whole diagnostics and the machine worked about 1 hour fine, then appeared Realtime timeout (8004d) and since then it won't pass the Bridge board WS diagnostic. On the extended diagnostics appears sometimes 80C31: Failed; Realtime processor power-up: Failed and sometimes
    80C31: OK; Realtime processor power-up: Failed. Can anybody give me advice where should I look for bad connection or something...

2. What's the proper position for hooking up the reset cable on the Bridge board (pic 1 or pic 2)??? On the pic 3 is how it's connected to the RT board.
    If you end up needing the boards I have a dismantled machine that might have the same computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dillonfitz View Post
    If you end up needing the boards I have a dismantled machine that might have the same computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have PM

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, try to replace the thermal paste in the processor and also ad a fan. Mine did that and was only the bad thermal paste that was never changed and should be changed evey 2 years.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by andrecorreia View Post
    Hi, try to replace the thermal paste in the processor and also ad a fan. Mine did that and was only the bad thermal paste that was never changed and should be changed evey 2 years.
    Thank you for the advice, I'll try.