Need Help! Problem with Kollmorgen VFS5 240 00 2031E

Thread: Problem with Kollmorgen VFS5 240 00 2031E

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem with Kollmorgen VFS5 240 00 2031E

Hello,

There was a drive error, or rather some errors: 39-29; 39-31; and 39-81. Spindle drive - black Vickers, was sent for regeneration a month ago: it covers a 12 month warranty period. After a week of work, the alarm repeated. I took it to the complaint, the drive was re-examined. Unfortunately, for some reasons, I installed it only after two weeks. after restarting the machine, error 39-81 appeared again. Where else could I look for the reason? Damaged signal cable? Engine?

Problem with Kollmorgen VFS5 240 00 2031E-alarm-39-81-jpg

Best regards
    Adrian

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem with Kollmorgen VFS5 240 00 2031E-alarm-39-81-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problem with Kollmorgen VFS5 240 00 2031E

Quote Originally Posted by August1898 View Post
    Hello,

There was a drive error, or rather some errors: 39-29; 39-31; and 39-81. Spindle drive - black Vickers, was sent for regeneration a month ago: it covers a 12 month warranty period. After a week of work, the alarm repeated. I took it to the complaint, the drive was re-examined. Unfortunately, for some reasons, I installed it only after two weeks. after restarting the machine, error 39-81 appeared again. Where else could I look for the reason? Damaged signal cable? Engine?

Problem with Kollmorgen VFS5 240 00 2031E-alarm-39-81-jpg

Best regards
    Adrian
    Encoder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problem with Kollmorgen VFS5 240 00 2031E

Thank you for the answer,

Is there any way to check on the machine or is it an encoder? I would not want to spend unnecessarily crap.

Best regards,
    Adrian

Downloads
    Uploads

If the spindle drive is faulted (indicated by red fault light on drive), the first thing you need to do is find out why.

The drive stores an error history of the last several fault codes which can help figure out what is wrong a lot easier (and less expensive) than just randomly picking a part and sending it out for repair.

You will need a version of motionlink or motionlink+ and a computer to hook up to the serial port on the drive.

I would expect the shop you had it repaired by should have been able to read the fault codes for you and point you in the right direction too.