Arrow 2 1250C - A2100 - Tram Position Help!!

Thread: Arrow 2 1250C - A2100 - Tram Position Help!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arrow 2 1250C - A2100 - Tram Position Help!!

Hi all. I have searched through all of my manuals and all over online and cannot seem to find what I am looking for. I recently had to reset my machine software due to a corruption of my tool table. After getting back up and running, I am having issues with my tram. At some point in the past I set my Tram to a Z of ZERO. This way if I needed to touch off a tool on the table such as a large fly cutter or clamshell mill, I can use an gage block and then just subtract that gage block from my tool length dimension. However after the reset, I accidentally reset my tram and it is at 27" or something like that. All I can find in the manuals are how to set tram by pressing the set tram button on pendent. I want to set tram to zero which my spindle cannot go that far down, I think the lowest my spindle can go is 6.150". Also aside from this, the smallest tram I can make is 6.150". But then when I put a tool in spindle I would be able to use a smaller gage block under the tool, but then Im again doing math to correct for difference between spindle gage blocks and tool gage blocks. I always try to use the smallest gage block(around 1") to touch tools off of. So touching tools off of a tower of gage blocks is not what I want to do. Can someone please help me figure out how to reset my tram back to 0"? Thank you!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arrow 2 1250C - A2100 - Tram Position Help!!

I found it!! I need to go into the probing page and reset tram in there. Why so complex and hard to find for such a simple task?! Oy vay, I got it at least :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

If you don't have a tool setter option then you use a 6" gauge block and bring your spindle down to it without a tool in the spindle. Then press set tram on the pendent and it will remember that amount. Then use that same 6" gauge block to set your tools off of.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JordanMach View Post
    I found it!! I need to go into the probing page and reset tram in there. Why so complex and hard to find for such a simple task?! Oy vay, I got it at least :-)
    I use this function in a similar way. I have my tram set to 3.0000 I touch my tool off of the 3 inch side of a 1 2 3 block then hit"tool setup", "set length". Sets it to 3", no math involved.