ALARM HELP!!!!!

Thread: ALARM HELP!!!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ALARM HELP!!!!!

I have a acramatic 850 Cincinnati the machine keeps throwing a 15214 alarm witch states tool absent or data error it only does this on drill cycles an im lost as to why it keeps throwing this alarm please help. It throws the code on this line.N7 G81 X6. Y21.4375 Z-.9 R0 W4. F4.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ALARM HELP!!!!!

Most of the time it is an adjustment of the tool absent switch. If you take the front bonnet off you will see 3 switches, ONE IS FOR UN-CLAMP, 1 IS FOR CLAMP AND 1 IS FOR TOOL ABSENT. You need to look at the tool stud and make sure it is correct and tight. Is the problem only on that tool?? You may want to try a different drill holder.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ALARM HELP!!!!!

While I will agree with Mike that if that switch is not adjusted properly it can cause the alarm, I have never had to adjust that switch unless someone else moved it from where it was supposed to be. The switch does not move, so if you suddenly started getting this alarm without anyone having moved the switch, adjusting it will not fix the actual problem with the machine. Unfortunately, a lot of people will jump to the conclusion that the switch needs to be adjusted without looking into why it isn't opening/closing properly.

That said, you should definitely check to see that the switches are working, and that the correct pullstud is installed (and tight) in the tool holder but I don't think that is where your problem is.

You mentioned it only happens with drilling cycles. Do you use the same tool/ATC pocket for all of your drilling cycles that are having the problem? Try moving the drill to a different pocket (so you will call up a different tool number for the tool change) and see if you still have an issue with this tool.