A2100 Arrow 500 machine power shutting off at random

Thread: A2100 Arrow 500 machine power shutting off at random

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default A2100 Arrow 500 machine power shutting off at random

The problems started a couple weeks ago when our machine cut power out of nowhere and shut down while being jogged in the y axis. It acted as though the emergency shutoff button on the front of the control had been pushed, first cutting power to the drives then shutting off the control normally. The control would not turn back on. We eventually found some blown traces on the back of the input board and after fixing them got it running again which lasted for around a week until yesterday when a similar problem occurred. The mill cut power once again but during a machining cycle, this time it was as though the e-stop on the pendant was pushed in with power to the control remaining on, even having the same "Machine off (Emergency Stop PB)" message displayed that would be there if you had actuated the button intentionally. Pushing in the e-stop and releasing it did nothing, only after sitting for a few minutes did the message change to "machine power required" where you could hold the on button and restore power to the drives. This happened again not long after it was restored the first time, but after that the machine ran a couple hours without error. When the problem returned it was a lot more persistent, happening at frequent random intervals even times when the machine was sitting idle. I searched for answers through forums for the rest of the day.

This morning I came in, started the machine up as normal and at the end of the alignment it happened again. This time is seemed to happen during an actuation of a 'tool unclamp' in the spindle. So after I gave the drives power again, I opened the door and pushed 'tool unclamp'. It cut power immediately and this time gave 2 alarms, an INTERNAL ERROR 0x80016 (SEV_SYSTEM_FAIL_CHANNEL_ID) with a SYSTEM FAIL 80044 (Invalid CCB Received From WS) behind it. To check it's consistence I shut down the mill, turned it back on and actuated the 'tool unclamp' button with the door open a few more times. Power didn't cut but I was given 2 new alarms, an INTERNAL ERROR 0x0 (NAM_CHANNEL_ID) followed immediately by a SYSTEM FAIL 8004D (Realtime Timeout).

I shut off the machine, took out the input board and the soldered traces are still good. Also, the batteries in both the RT and WS boards are both good as well. (I didn't remove them, I know that would mess up the bios.) Anyone have any idea what's going on?