Arrow 500 A2100 Axes 'drive ready' signal missing

Thread: Arrow 500 A2100 Axes 'drive ready' signal missing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arrow 500 A2100 Axes 'drive ready' signal missing

Hello

I have an Arrow with the error message Axes 'drive ready' signal missing. I think its the cable chain under the table how do I get that out and where can I get new cables?

Thanks
    David

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrow 500 A2100 Axes 'drive ready' signal missing-20180422_132848-jpg   Arrow 500 A2100 Axes 'drive ready' signal missing-20180422_132848-jpg  
    David Rogers
    Meadholm Technologies

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arrow 500 A2100 Axes 'drive ready' signal missing

Fives-Cincinnati (800-934-0735) is still the official support for these machines, and they usually have the cables in stock, although they may require you purchase a harness assembly with x and y axes together whether you need them all or not. I believe Mike Kilroy Corp can also make you just the cable you need, but likely will have to make it to order so won't be quite as quick as Cincinnati.

That said, why do you think it is cable, and which cable do you think it is? They are known to fail, so is a good possibility but there are many other items that will cause that issue. Could be as simple as OT switch stuck on too though.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maver1k

I cleaned the "X" switchs but I am having problems reaching the Y is there some trick? Of course this happens during a major rush job and the customer is not impressed.

Also why I think it is the cable is I can move the table all the way foward to the door but moving the Y away from the door 1/3 of the travel it errors out every time.

Thanks
    David

David Rogers
    Meadholm Technologies

Downloads
    Uploads

The Y switch should be under the saddle on the right side (between the ballscrew and linear rail).
    If you move the y axis back, you can see the front dog and the switch is straight back from that. It usually has a bracket with brushes on it blocking your view. However, if the issue only presents itself at specific points in the travel, does point to a cable. I have seen the limit switch cable short to ground which will shut the machine down because it loses the 24v signal.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maver1ck you said "I have seen the limit switch cable short to ground" as in the XY OTR or TPA I/O cables not the 2 large Servo cables. I am in my I/Os but I do not know what to look for

Thanks
    D

David Rogers
    Meadholm Technologies

Downloads
    Uploads

You won't be able to see a short in your I/O, but if it is shorted to ground, the 24v gets pulled down to Zero and the machine won't/can't run.

When it faults do you have any fault codes or lights on your drives? These could help point to an axis or servo cable issue. Can you just restart the machine or do you have to cycle power? If you have to cycle power, likely means a drive fault.

Does it always power right back up after it faults or do you have to move the table forward again to get it to work? If you have to move the table before it will work, indicates issue is in one of the cables as you suggested, but also indicates the issue will be able to be detected by ohming out cables in the faulted position.

To get to a more basic understanding of the fault, there is a 24v signal that goes to your spindle drive, if this drive is ok, contact is closed and the 24v moves on to the next drive, and then the next, etc. until it returns to the IO card as an input if all drives are "ready". You can verify where you are losing the 24 volts by checking at each point (if the machine is faulted and won't power back up).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When it errors out I first get and "39-47 Axes 'drive ready' signal missing" I then check the drive lights and have(Asuming from left to right PSR,VFS5,X,Y,Z) X is has two red lights from bottom Overspeed and Under volts Y,Z have Undervolts. With 39-47 active and in the same spot I can reset and power machine but get error 39-6 Axis Drive not ready I then can pull the table towards the door reset and power up no errors.

I have included two photos of the drives -03 is powered up before error -10 is 39-47 error 39-6 has the same lights as 39-47

Just to be clear I can move the table and reset/power up with either error.

Thanks for all your help

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrow 500 A2100 Axes 'drive ready' signal missing-20180424_114810-jpg   Arrow 500 A2100 Axes 'drive ready' signal missing-20180424_115003-jpg  
    David Rogers
    Meadholm Technologies

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drogers View Post
    When it errors out I first get and "39-47 Axes 'drive ready' signal missing" I then check the drive lights and have(Asuming from left to right PSR,VFS5,X,Y,Z) X is has two red lights from bottom Overspeed and Under volts Y,Z have Undervolts. With 39-47 active and in the same spot I can reset and power machine but get error 39-6 Axis Drive not ready I then can pull the table towards the door reset and power up no errors.

I have included two photos of the drives -03 is powered up before error -10 is 39-47 error 39-6 has the same lights as 39-47

Just to be clear I can move the table and reset/power up with either error.

Thanks for all your help
    ") X is has two red lights from bottom Overspeed" tells me 99% sure your X motor feedback cable has open wire (is broke). Motor cable is fine, OT limit sw wires fine.

Tell fives that is the cable u want. We can supply too if u say how long.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    ") X is has two red lights from bottom Overspeed" tells me 99% sure your X motor feedback cable has open wire (is broke). Motor cable is fine, OT limit sw wires fine.

Tell fives that is the cable u want. We can supply too if u say how long.

If u pull resolver cable out u will likely see the break or chip stuck in it and may be able to fix urself?

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank You All

I ordered a new cable from Fives should be here today I will let everyone know how it goes

David Rogers
    Meadholm Technologies

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks all

I am up and running

David Rogers
    Meadholm Technologies

Downloads
    Uploads

How much fun was it to replace the cable? I assume it was the one that moves with the y axis? I have to do mine some day, but I am dreading it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine was the X feedback cable
    Its a dirty nasty job 19 years of coolant,chips and grease

David Rogers
    Meadholm Technologies