Problem Alarm 39-83 spindle drive fault

Thread: Alarm 39-83 spindle drive fault

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Alarm 39-83 spindle drive fault

Hello all,

I have a 39-83 alarm on a Arrow 1000 with an A2100 control. This machine had the VFS5 rebuilt 7 months ago and has been ok till now. I had this alarm a few times over the last month , it would trip when the machine was idle , like during a setup. This morning though it wont run at all though. I dont get a fault on the drive itself at any point. I dont have motion control software yet to pull the actual drive data, I am working on that now. In the meantime , if you guys have any wisdom to share , It would be awesome.

Thanks,

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alarm 39-83 spindle drive fault-20170227_100509-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Alarm 39-83 spindle drive fault

Update : I unplugged the C1 plug (fan) on the psr4 and replugged it and now the machine fired up fine. ( I did the same on the VFS5 but it didnt help, couple hours later I tried this) Hopefully it is just a loose connection ??

Downloads
    Uploads

but a2100 says spindle drive reports a fault.... yet y ou say the red fault lite on vfs5 is not on?? how can this be?

hmmm... the fans are just 120v IIRC fans... psr4/5 has its own fault output, and fan not running is not one of its reasons to say fault... weird...

vfs5 DOES watch heatsink temp inside: Cincinnati actually brought the thermostat OUT and back in the top ribbon cable so they could report overehat conditinion... you dont report that? prob not the issue then...

fault on 2100 says spindle yet no red lite. how do we geta round this?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Muggins View Post
    Update : I unplugged the C1 plug (fan) on the psr4 and replugged it and now the machine fired up fine. ( I did the same on the VFS5 but it didnt help, couple hours later I tried this) Hopefully it is just a loose connection ??
    Update again,

I got the alarm back again less than five min after getting it running. I ran the spindle for a bit then stopped the spindle and started a setup. Alarm came when spindle was stopped for a few min.

Thanks for the help

Downloads
    Uploads

Update again,

I got the alarm back again less than five min after getting it running. I ran the spindle for a bit then stopped the spindle and started a setup. Alarm came when spindle was stopped for a few min.

Thanks for the help
    still makes no sense.

time to look at wiring diag. got one, right? got someone who can read it? find CRx....

21000 says m1spdl... input missing

vfs5 says bull**** it is on (no red lite)

relay in between defective? broken wire?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    still makes no sense.

time to look at wiring diag. got one, right? got someone who can read it? find CRx....

21000 says m1spdl... input missing

vfs5 says bull**** it is on (no red lite)

relay in between defective? broken wire?

It wouldn't be the regen if I get the alarm when not running the spindle right?

Downloads
    Uploads

Should not be. Fault say spindle ready missing: ie,spindle red lite on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    Should not be. Fault say spindle ready missing: ie,spindle red lite on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I don't think the fault actually said anything about spindle ready missing, and I believe that is a different input.

Like Mike said, look at your prints. Follow the input back to figure out possible causes. IIRC, Cincinnati had 2 relays in series to that input, either of them, the wires, or the connections could be causing the issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    I don't think the fault actually said anything about spindle ready missing, and I believe that is a different input.

Like Mike said, look at your prints. Follow the input back to figure out possible causes. IIRC, Cincinnati had 2 relays in series to that input, either of them, the wires, or the connections could be causing the issue.
    Thanks for the clarification. cincinnati mostlyl calls our fault output relays "drive ready" feedback, so I ASSumed this was the same fault output. I had hoped they would LOOK AT THEIR PRINTS but in all this time it has not happened. If I get a free moment today I will breakdown and read it for them and point to the possible culprits.

Downloads
    Uploads

It wouldn't be the regen if I get the alarm when not running the spindle right?
    When I get time I will look at arrow print for you; not sure why the fault screen would mention regen as possible issue since last time I looked our fault contact on the PSR unit is in series with our VFS5 watchdog relay and theese two are in series with the green go button that fires M20 main contactor for PSR.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    maver1ck, I sent an email to what I believed was your email address a week ago. I receved no reply, did you get it?

Do you go to customer sites to help people? Maybe close to you? If so, I would like to know as we get requests for possible tech help visits up your way occasionally.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK Muggins, I looked at your print for you. You really need to find someone local who can read your prints; they give you a clear path to fixing your issue quickly.

I attached two pix of your prints showing the areas your alarm says has an issue. Can you read these?

As Maver1ck said, there are TWO relays, CR25 & CR26, that make the missing fault signal - I attached print of how they are wired. You should have a tech capable of reading wire numbers and checking that those relays are turned on properly. We bring the internal VFS5 heatsink thermal switch OUT thru the top ribbon connector of the drive and back in and input so the a2100 can watch it instead of us inside the drive like normal. This turns on CR25. Then too the motor has a thermal switch. This turns on CR26. THE SERIES STRING OF THESE IS NOT GETTING TO THE A2100.

I do not see why they mention the regen at all: it has a thermal overload relay in series with the DB resistor. This turns on CR24 and is a ready sig not fault sig - see pix I attached.

Not sure how else to help you find the open circuit other than recommending a voltmeter and testing these wires.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alarm 39-83 spindle drive fault-m1spdl_fault-ready-jpg   Alarm 39-83 spindle drive fault-regen-thermal-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.
    I have similar problem.
    I bought another vfs5 275 00120 26044.
    It doesn't give signal to cr25 and cr26.
    Stripped it down, overtemp sensor is fine, 0ohm, inside vfs5, but the 24v doesn't get to cr2 cr25 cr26 cr27
    Are there any diagrams for vfs5 available?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Fives sells the wiring diagrams of those machines:

(800) 934-0735 IIRC
    fivesgroup.com

email sent with a couple ideas...