Need Help! Cincinnati Arrow spindle motor issue

Thread: Cincinnati Arrow spindle motor issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cincinnati Arrow spindle motor issue

I have an Arrow 1000 with the black Cincinnati Milacron drives. The problem happens when I turn the Spidle on at rpm range of 3000 or higher. I get the Alarm: Axes Drive ready signal missing and the machines power to the drives are not enabled any more. There are no faults shown on any of the drives. If I enable the power again and tell it to run 1000 RPM, the spindle will run. So basically I cannot run high RPM without the machine tripping out. I have swapped out the power supply and spindle drive with known good drives and it is the same results.

Has anyone had this same issue or know of a component that would cause this problem?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Cincinnati Arrow spindle motor issue

I just had that error (Drive Ready Signal Missing). Replaced the I/O board and it's good as new.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Chopsmitty! That was the fix!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Precisionatl,

How did you manage to fix this?

I have recently purchased an Arrow 500 from the US and brought it into my factory in India. I've got the machine running, but if I try to exceed 2000 RPM on the spindle the system gives the same alarm as you were facing and the machines stops working.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Best regards
    Jaideep

Downloads
    Uploads

Just to update everyone- I managed to get the machine running OK a few days later.

There were two issues-

1.Turned out the spindle was mechanically trashed- we reconditioned it in house - cone grinding, new bearings etc and machine has worked well thereafter. This wasn't the real cause though
    2. The input step down transformer to the machine was under capacity and the voltage drop with the spindle acceleration was causing the drives to trip. A larger input transformer did the job.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jaideepshinh View Post
    Just to update everyone- I managed to get the machine running OK a few days later.

There were two issues-

1.Turned out the spindle was mechanically trashed- we reconditioned it in house - cone grinding, new bearings etc and machine has worked well thereafter. This wasn't the real cause though
    2. The input step down transformer to the machine was under capacity and the voltage drop with the spindle acceleration was causing the drives to trip. A larger input transformer did the job.
    Glad you got it fixed. I visited a cnc shop in Delhi on my last trip to India. Was interesting to see the summaries of the shops in India and Canada.