RT Board ?

Thread: RT Board ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RT Board ?

Hello all,

I have a RT fault on my Arrow 1000 A2100 control. RT board # 3-424-2168A02
    I have checked through most all the previous post on RT issues and went through to the best of my knowledge known causes, and also a call to Meckert to get his opinion.Just posting in hopes someone can help me quickly as I am mid job -big customer as always. I checked the batteries on both WS and RT board, both are good. Reseated both boards ( I say both because last week I had WS fault and reseating helped that issue - now this) . The lights on the motherboard light up on startup and then the left red light goes out , right (RT) stays on, as does the green.
    complete info of my problem as I start the mill follows :

NC engine base failed (at 1st larger window)
    Runs small diag window - slows down on w/s bridge board but passes it , then fails rt board
    Runs through all 12 vickers application processes - no issue
    opens diagnostic manager and shows:
    Bridge RT- unknown
    Conv. servo - unknown
    i/o - unknown
    pendant - unknown
    w/s,key/touchscreen,and w/s processor - pass

Question I have is - I am fairly sure its the RT board, Does anyone fix these besides siemens ?

Thanks for the help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RT Board ?

My guess is your power supply is faulty. I would start by swapping it out with a new one.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, Thanks for the reply Coop. Do you know the specs on it ? I know its old style plug type but what wattage ? I like thermaltake in my pc's but doubt they make one.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

It is an AT power supply not an ATX. I would go 300watts and do not use a cheep power supply. We use a STAR unit with a 2 year warranty.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

It is an AT power supply not an ATX. I would go 300watts and do not use a cheep power supply. We use a STARTECH StarTech.com unit with a 2 year warranty.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you sir. So cloned HD today and will probably need the RT to get reflashed no matter what happens at this point, I think, because if it isnt faulty , it sure lost some function at some point. Maybe power surge or something...

Downloads
    Uploads

adaptor cables are available to connect a standard ATX power supply to an AT mother board :-

| RS Pro ATX Connector, Male 20-Pin ATX to 2 x Male 6-Pin AT 20-Pin ATX Male to Male 0.14m 2 x 6-Pin AT Multicoloured |

one thing to watch out for is the later versions of ATX power supplies don't have the -5V output ( no white wire)
    only a problem if the mother board needs the -5V

some DELL power supplies are wired in a non standard way - not a very bright idea to use a standard ATX connector

Dell proprietary (non-standard) ATX design | Dell proprietary (non-standard) ATX design | InformIT

its caused a number of DELL Pentium II and Pentium III computers to be destroyed when the power supplies have been replaced by a standard ATX supply !!!

( also HP have used non standard parts )

John

PS

another ATX to AT power supply adaptor
    this one provides the -5V missing from the latest version of ATX supplies

ATX 20 PIN to AT P8/P9 CONVERTER WITH -5V & ON/OFF SWITCH & DUMMY LOAD USA MADE | eBay

Last edited by john-100; 03-05-2016 at 04:17 AM. Reason: correct typo and add PS

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info. I looked on the Startech site and can only find a 230 watt AT power supply. Will 230 watt do the trick or no good?

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, quick update. Finally back running again. What seems to have happened was a faulty floppy drive played hell with the Real time board and corrupted the board bios. So, send the board to get flashed/ reconfigured and now I am working fine so far. Got a new power supply for it as well, have not installed yet , old one seems fine. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Downloads
    Uploads

Who flashed the RT board?

Downloads
    Uploads

Maver1ck did the flash