Arrow 500 Spindle Lube Fault - where is the lube?

Thread: Arrow 500 Spindle Lube Fault - where is the lube?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arrow 500 Spindle Lube Fault - where is the lube?

We are in the process of getting our arrow 500 up and running and now we got a spindle lube alarm. Where is the lube? Is it the air/lube on the back of the machine? This is a '95 machine.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arrow 500 Spindle Lube Fault - where is the lube?

Yes air oil system. I believe those have a prox switch that monitors the oil drop.
    Mactec would know the best.

Downloads
    Uploads

The spindle uses a air/lube system that is monitored by a box in the outside of the back of the machine under a cover. It looks at several inputs from pressure switches and has a timed cycle. You should see some lights on this box with faults next to the lights. What do the lights show??? Post a pic of the lube unit and the lights to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Where are you located???

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Arrow 500 Spindle Lube Fault - where is the lube?-oiler2-jpg
    I did not find any kind of a lube control with LED indicators.

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like you don't have a spindle lube unit on your machine. It only came with a high speed spindle, You have a standard speed spindle. What you have is the standard air filter, regulator, lubricator unit. Did you install new software or something??

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, we installed a new hard drive and have gone through the M1Y files that we got from FIVES but maybe one of the values is wrong. Any suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads

If you received your M1Y*** file from FIVES it is a generic file that is not setup for your machine. You don't have the options that the file is looking for. You need to go through your settings and set them up for your machine. Do you have any old documentation from your old parameter settings??? Where are you located???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do not have any documentation from our old parameter settings. We are located in LaGrange Oh 44050.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    It looks like you don't have a spindle lube unit on your machine. It only came with a high speed spindle, You have a standard speed spindle. What you have is the standard air filter, regulator, lubricator unit. Did you install new software or something??

Mike - I know you are trying to help people, but giving incorrect information just confuses the issue. To clarify, all Arrows after a specific vintage (about the time A2100 came out) had the air/oil mist lubrication system on them, not just the high-speed spindles as you indicated. Some of the earlier Arrows (Joe's machine included) still used the old spindle with greased bearings instead of the air/oil system.

The high-speed spindles you referred to (10,000 RPM and above) also had a chiller to cycle fluid to the spindle cartridge that was not included with the lower speed spindles.

I helped them configure their new hard drive, and Fives did provide a machine specific file for them, not a generic one as you indicated. The issue was that it was created on a much earlier software version, so importing it into the new hard drive had compatibility issues.

Downloads
    Uploads

I stand corrected. Thanks for your input.

Mike http://cncmachine services.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys,

I have a Cincinnati Lamb CFV1050 with a Siemens 810 D controller, for which I'm having a similar issue. The machine is showing the "Alarm 700007: Spindle Lube pump failure", within 2 seconds or so of pressing the data reset button/ powering on the machine.
    The machine axes can move, but I cant run any program thanks to this alarm.

The machine does not have a separate Lubrication pump, but has an oil mist unit for the spindle. This is done by a pneumatic solenoid and two small plunger type assemblies for creating an oil mist dispersion.

It has the 2 CKD PPD3 digital pressure switches, and the output from these appear OK (Not tested the voltages, but pressure readings and Output ON OFF seems OK as per the pressure settings). Even when we override the switches to be in ON, the spindle Lube alarm pops up again.

The pipelines to the spindle from the oil mist unit are also OK and checked, no leakages there.

Any suggestions on how to handle this? I have the electrical circuit diagram, but the pneumatics on this machine are controller through a Profibus DP (Rexroth) Pneumatic controller. I don't have any other machine manuals or logic diagrams to help solve this issue.

Does anyone know the settings for the CKD PPD3 unit? (it has 4 output type options, but when you try to configure it you cannot see what the original settings were)

Thanks and best regards

Jaideep Shinh