Need Help! Cincinnati Milacron Sabre 1000, ALARM 39-97 Spindle Drive not ready

Thread: Cincinnati Milacron Sabre 1000, ALARM 39-97 Spindle Drive not ready

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cincinnati Milacron Sabre 1000, ALARM 39-97 Spindle Drive not ready

Hello,

When I try to change tool (M6 T2)or spin the spindle (M3 S500) I get "ALARM 39-97 Spindle Drive not ready".
    I new to this control, Do I have to enable something in the control?

VFS5 Spindle drive leds are:
    ACTIVE: OFF
    SYS OK: on
    CPU: on
    FAULT: on

Any advice will be helpful.
    Thank you.
    Cincinnati Milacron Sabre 1000, ALARM 39-97 Spindle Drive not ready-alarm-39-97-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

fault on means drive is unhappy. can u rs232 in and ask it why it is sick? it will tell you. otherwise gotta take it out and send for rpr

Know it MIGHT be something external to the vfs5 too: it could be a bad spindle motor thermostat, bad spindle motor resolver position feedback, or bad spindle motor winding. these do not happen as often as drive failure though. another reason to use motionlink plus and ask drive what is wrong (it keeps the last 10 faults listed inside).

Last edited by mike_Kilroy; 12-13-2013 at 06:38 AM. Reason: add more info
    Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I rs232 driver, it told me: ERR 12 'EN' OVER-CURRENT. Now I am checking wiring.

Thank You.
    Cincinnati Milacron Sabre 1000, ALARM 39-97 Spindle Drive not ready-screenshot-2013-12-16-11-23-11-a

Downloads
    Uploads

good job.

so now you must find if short is INSIDE our OUTSIDE the vfs5 drive.

to do so, just unhook Ma,Mb,&Mc wires (spindle motor stator wires) off the screw terminal strip. Power back up: if same fault then the short is inside the vfs5; if it turns on without fault the short is outside the vfs5 (motor or cable).

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Mike, I unhooked Ma,Mb,&Mc wires, driver still says "ERR 12 'EN' OVER-CURRENT" when I tried to enable it "en".

Downloads
    Uploads

this GUARANTEES you have a blown output on your vfs5 drive. It is bad. Often when output IGBT blows it takes out 1/2 dozen components in the output stage DRIVER circuit also. This means if you just replace the output IGBT transistor it is likely the drive will simply blow the new one also.

You probably need to send this vfs5 to someone who repairs them daily. Sorry to say.

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cincinnati Milacron Sabre 1000, ALARM 39-97 Spindle Drive not ready

Hello Mike,
    At current we have a simular problem.
    Cincinnati Milacron Arrow 750, using Acramatic 2100.
    Alarm message 39-97.
    VFS5 shwos:
    Active: 0ff
    SYS OK: on
    CPU : on
    Fault on

When I disconnect Ma, Mb & Mc the status of VFS5 changes to:
    Active: on
    SYS ok: on
    CPU: on
    Fault: off
    So, if I understood correctly the issue should not be VFS5but the spindle drive itselve (or a wiring issue between drive and spindle).
    Question: I have basis knowledge of electronics and computers, is it save to load Motion Link in my laptop and plug in to the VFS5?
    We are afraid to damage software and/or settings.
    In the past we had an experienced maintenance service here in The Netherlands, but at current we have to solve our own issues.
    Can you advise?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

By the way: we used the Acramatic 2100 diagnostics, but no errors were found(?)

Downloads
    Uploads

It indeed says your short circuit is in cable or motor.

go for loading motion link plus (not motion link). it will give you list of last 10 faults.
    but not necessary since you know pretty well the problem is a shorted or grounded cable, or motor issue. if motor issue, most induction motor repair houses can probably fix it for you.

good luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mike, thanks for the good advise.
    Can Motion Link Plus determine the exact cause of this issue? I.e. defect thermostat, defect winding etc.?
    If not: I will skip this test and call repair company directly, for I am a bit reluctant to "go around" in a computer system that is unknown to me.
    Regards, John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_John View Post
    Hello Mike, thanks for the good advise.
    Can Motion Link Plus determine the exact cause of this issue? I.e. defect thermostat, defect winding etc.?
    If not: I will skip this test and call repair company directly, for I am a bit reluctant to "go around" in a computer system that is unknown to me.
    Regards, John
    John, the error list is in plain english and has some 200 faults available. In your case, I ASSUME it will say "output short circuit) since the fault is only present when motor cable is hooked to drive when enabled and no fault when not connected. That is why I said you might skip the motionlink Plus step. I agree with your assessment.

Not sure what and "call repair company directly" means. if it means you are not comfortable ohming out your cable, and if good, then megging the motor, then yes, I agree call someone in. Since the chances are probably 80% it is a CABLE issue and not bad motor, that is first thing to check. if you dont want to ohm ithe c able, you can hook it back up to the drive and disconnect it aat the motor - if fault, then you KNOW it is a short in the cable. if no fault then you can be faily certain the motor is bad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi every one
    I need cincinnati milacron Saber 1000 machine parameters
    Please help me. 00966507104945
    ch.uf.ksa@gmail.com