output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100

Thread: output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100

hi friends.

we have problems on our cincinnati acramatic 2100 machine.

first thing is ;
    we got "alarm 40-33 output/fuse failure on APC rack 0"
    there are some informations that says bad RT-board causes this error.

but I tried two RT-board
    and I tried both RT-board seperately with connecting psu,vga card, and a screen.both of them seems good.bios settings are ok.
    bridge board led does not give any error with both two boards.
    diagnostic screen shows all boards "passed"

I/O board and I/O connections seems ok.

second thing is ;

system has vickers servo drive and vickersvector spindle drive and this drives connected with two cables to RT-board com ports.

when we want to verify / download drive parameters from service menu, we got an error on all axis " communication hardware not present "

according to an information at one of manual, these drive parameter verify/download process uses this two cable

cables are ok, I tried all com port options in rt-board bios settings.
    but still we are not able to communicate with drives.

I attached some pictures, please look at these.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100-card_fault-jpg   output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100-comm_fault-jpg  

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever get your R/T problem with the Output/Fuse blown in APC Rack 0 fixed. I'm working on a Cin Arrow 500 with the same problem! Hope to hear from you, Please respond...Mike @ Stellar Electronic Repair Services,LLC Texas. Thank You....
    Please feel free to call if you can (817)657-8843.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Had a similar problem, & and found a bad HD I/O board bad.
    Make sure you have 24 VDC power supply is good first.
    Make sure your cables are connected properly.
    Pull the right HD I/O board out. Cause for trouble shooting the rt. board controls lower functions .
    Boot up,if problem still persists I would suspect a bad I/O board swap pulled board.
    There is a way which you can go in and see the state of each channel, I would have to be @ the machine to do this cause my fingers know how to do this not my brain.
    I did this some months ago so it has become foggy, if this doesn't yield any useful info call MAG and talk to Greg or Mark tell them Doug referred you. They should have the problem nailed in short order, good folks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100

At this time i have the same issue with a Cincinnati arrow 1000 , if anybody knows how to reset the mainboard or something i can do, the problemas appears when i change the batteries.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Take a look at your 24VDC supply and see the following. Which I/O board do you have?? The file I have is to big for this post, send us an e-mail and I will send you the info on your problem

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

This alarm is displayed if the external DC supply voltage is absent on the ‘+24VDC’ pin terminals, or in the case of current or thermal overload.

Basic Bridge Board Slots 4 and 5 can be configured for a variety of applications but their main function is to provide input and output interface signals for specific machine functions. The configurations will differ based on the machine type and OEM specifications.

The three types of I/O boards found in A2100’s are:
    • CMHD – Control /Machine High Density
    • HIPI – HSSL Interface Parallel Interface
    • Profibus DP Master – Process Field Bus

(Refer to Section 4.4 in the IS&S Manual for detailed application information.)

Block Diagram Key Notes:
    1. 48 inputs via 50 pin ribbon cables, 10 MA per contact; range of 8vdc to 28.8vdc. <8vdc is considered off, >12vdc is considered on. Pins 49 & 50 are at the top of the connectors.
    2. TTL logic.
    3. 24vdc outputs. Channels 1 through 24 are rated for 100MA; Channels 25 through 32 are rated for 200MA.
    4. Fault indicator (‘ff’ for Fuse Fail), outputs are disabled. May see Alarm 40-33 as shown above.
    5. BBB watchdog timer (IOCHK/) disables outputs and address lines for slot enable (if using more then one CMHD).
    6. Board part number displayed on the Diagnostic Manager.

Diagnostic LED Interpretations on the CMHD:

• FAULT (red) – Will be ON when the system is powered up and +24vdc is absent on the CMHD output connections.

• ENABLE (green) – Is ON whenever the CMHD outputs are enabled.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. Has your problem been solved? If so, what happened. I have the same problem

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100-0-02-05-150e48c3a85958e3ccabf2d9413dd843b7c7fa746470485f38febf9be8df743c_a7272acf-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

This could be a problem with the battery on the RTC board. Pull the far right hand board out and check the watch battery with a meter. DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY!!!!! or you will lose the bios. A new battery is at 3.3VDC, yours might be dead. You can send the board to FIVES for a re-flash and a new battery for about $450.00.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

As Mike mentioned, this "could" be a problem with the battery, but there are other more likely causes. The RT Battery issue usually shows up with a different fault than that (and I've been reflashing them for people here for 20+ years so have seen a lot of them). It is worth checking the battery voltage as he suggested but that isn't really conclusive with your fault (I have seen some fail even though the voltage is above 3V, and seen some still working as low as 1V). For the record, I have been charging $150 to replace the battery, reflash the BIOS and test most RT Boards. There are a few I have to charge more for but those are rare (maybe 1-2% of all boards sent to me).

The alarm you are getting means the control thinks the fuse is blown (i.e. it is not getting the 24V I/O signal it expects to see). Does your 24V power supply have 24V output (or is the fuse blown)? If you don't have 24V, I wouldn't bother with the RT Board until you figure out why you don't have 24V.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello!
    We encountered another issue, the maintenance guy took out the battery – for measuring -from the RT board and all the bios settings was lost. On the internet we found the bios settings for a 3 -424-2379 A09 board and we compiled as it was written in the document. The unit has started up but at this time we have the following problem:
    ALARM 40-43 Output/Fuse Failure in APC RACK 0.
    The input/output modules are located outside the Computer’s rack, are positioned on the left upper side in the electrical cabinet and are connected via Profibus cable. The communication is OK, if we are extracting one of the I/O modules the system is showing an error in the Rack1. The unique 24V power supply is working correctly, and the powers are present at the Digital Inputs modules and at the output of the two power supplies which are in row with the DI and DO modules (Rack1).
    My question is do you have any idea what can cause this kind of alarm and where to start the investigation?
    Best regards.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100-20220421_200043-jpg   output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100-20220421_200132-jpg   output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100-20220421_200146-jpg   output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100-20220421_200336-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

See MEkardt55 post output/fuse failure and connection problem on Acramatic A2100; also
    Bad BIOS Settings on RTCPU; DV5 (Slot#3) & CMHD-IO (Slot#4 & #5 if two) boards incorrect slots; Ribbon Cable on CMHD-I/O Boards J2-Top J1-Bottom swapped; Loss of 24VDC Machine I-O power supply bad or low.
    Bad CMHD-IO, BBU, or RTCPU. What is shown on Diagnostics page for each board when 'Expanded' ??

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have CHMDI module, as I speciffied the I/O modules are located outside the computers's rack. The Digital I/O modules are in a row located in the left upper side of the electrical rack.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tylk, Yes, so you have a Model EKK with a Profibus-DP Master card going to the ET200S Rack and the AID4 board and the Siemens 611U Drives.
    I did not see a photo of the Serial plate or the loaded software shown on the service page and cannot guess... sorry...
    You never had these problems until the battery on the RTCPU went low. The WSCPU card BIOS can cause problems as well.
    You still need the 24VDC Machine I/O supply to be in tolerance. 24 to 25VDC is best and the Siemens 24VDC power supply is adjustable.
    There is no such board as a "3-424-2379A09" board.
    Your fault shows up when loading module 3 of 14. This is when the hard drive software for the Acramatic Programmable Controller (APC) is read by the WSCPU and sent over the 400mhz bus
    on the BBU (Basic Bridge) board and loaded onto the RTCPU board. The RTCPU board runs the PLC (PWARE) program and controls all of the I/O; Servo; and the Hand held Pendant.
    I would say the BIOS on the RTCPU or the WSCPU is not correct; or you have selected the wrong Machine Type in the 'Machine Application'.
    Normally the BIOS on the RTCPU was loaded into the card with a Floppy Disk Binary program. Fives-Cincinnati-KY, Siemens-Mason-OH, and a third party in the UK may be able to reload it.
    The WSCPU settings were normally in the back of the control reference manual.
    Best Wishes

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Thank you for your response.
    The mentioned 3-424-2379A09 Vers. +, serial number exists, I attached it.
    Does't have anyone some bios settings to try out which could be better for this machine?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100-20220421_200948-jpg   output/fuse failure and connection problem on acramatic 2100-rt-board-serial-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

My friend my Sabre 1000 A2100 gives me the same your error massage I dont know how to solve this error although All card OK and pass diagnostic
    Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post