Caught With My Pants Down, New Problem, New Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caught With My Pants Down, New Problem, New Thread

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Caught With My Pants Down, New Problem, New Thread

HI i have a same problem with RT board.

Battery was replaced

Board boot with no problem with vga display and keyboard but unable to boot in machine.
    can somone send me a correct settings to BIOS setup program ?

my mail is qdlaczian[at]gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

A2100-Analog CMOS-BIOS Problems:

If you have the control Manual it discusses the A2100 PCA (Processor Control Assembly) which is the large Aluminum Box. Two Boards; the WSCPU and the RTCPU in the control have CMOS BIOS Parameters stored on Volatile SRAM; which requires a battery voltage higher than 3.0 VDC to refresh and retain the BIOS settings in memory went not under power. BIOS is the “Basic Input – Output Instruction” set; making the board smart enough to talk to other pieces of computer hardware; this is specific for each board part number.
    Only one board, the WSCPU can be reprogrammed on the machine if you have a PC Style Keyboard on the machine. This is the WSCPU (Work Station CPU) board on the far left by the Hard Drive and Power Supply. To remove the board you would turn off and lock out the power, unplug the 50-pin cable on the front of the board labeled Floppy Diskette Interface.
    Remove the large left front cover and the narrow cover to the right of it.
    Note or take a picture of the Cables plugged into the top of this board; remove them.
    Loosen the Thumbscrews above the top lip and bottom lip of the PCA for the WSCPU.
    Gently push to swing the board assembly to the left on it’s swivel pins.
    Reach in to the lower right of it and unplug the 16-pin ribbon cable from the BBB (Basic Bridge Board; smart board connecting all the PCA boards together); it may be keyed; if not mark the top.
    Gently slide the board out 3/8th inch (8mm) to clear the two pivot pins; then use you right hand to push the board to the left up against the power supply.
    Gently slide the board out towards the front using your right fingers to clear the Power Wires (P8-P9), Capacitors, or RAM Memory Modules attached to the WSCPU that will try to catch on the BBB.
    When it is halfway out; take a photo of the P8-P9 power connectors; note the four black wires are towards the middle. Firmly grab the wires of each plug and disconnect them.
    Pull the board out all of the way and take a photo or write down the PN : 3-424-xxxxAyyy part number and the serial number off the barcode label on the bottom inside aluminum lip.
    Examine the board looking for a CR2032 Button Cell Battery. If you have a 3-424-2123A, or 3-424-2290A board it does not have a replaceable battery. Instead it has a Real-Time-Clock Chip (RTC) with an internal battery for the BIOS, that needs to be replaced by an electronic repair facility.
    I would prefer to have a plug-in IC-Socket 24 (2 x 12) Pos DIP, 0.6" (ED-24DT CONN IC DIP SOCKET 24-POS TIN) put on the board so the chip can easily be changed again by the user.
    If you want to test and measure the battery on the board touch the Red lead of your DC multimeter to the top of the battery and Black lead to the metal board case. Voltage should be higher than 3.0 VDC or CMOS BIOS settings can be corrupted or lost.
    You can only Test the Battery voltage on the RTCPU card on the far right side; but DO NOT REMOVE it. This BIOS is reprogrammed on a bench, normally using a Floppy Disk with a binary program to Re-Flash the BOS Settings. This board would be sent to the Cincinnati repair group for reflashing if the battery is low. It fails the NC Engine, WS-RT or Fails between loading Module 2 to 3. If the RTCPU boots normally the battery could be replaced if over 3.0 VDC on a bench hooked up to an AT power supply.
    Once the battery is removed from the WSCPU short the battery holder (+/–) connections for 20 seconds; then install a fresh new battery plus-side up.
    Reconnect the plugs in reverse order; be careful and gentle in reseating the plugs and board; don’t force anything. Tighten the thumbscrews, top-first; but leave the front cover off.
    The Control reference manual has the CMOS BIOS Settings by WSCPU Board number and BIOS Name and Type; or contact Tech-Support-Cincinnati 1-800.934.0735
    Leave the hard drive power unplugged and boot the control up, watching the screen to tell you what button to press in order to get into SETUP. If you miss it; “Ctrl+Alt+Del” will reboot the BIOS.
    This could be “F2”, “DEL”, etc. You will enter all of the data from the BIOS Setup Sheet specific to that WSCPU board P/N and BIOS Type. When all of the settings are correct and verified; Press “F10” to Save and Exit. When the hard drive is not seen; shut down the control and plug in the hard drive and replace the front cover and Floppy diskette connector.
    Power back up the A2100 to see if it will read the hard drive and load the A2100 Applications.

Downloads
    Uploads

HELP! My arrow 750 with A2100 had the same issue with loosing BIOS due to dead battery. Does anyone have the settings for BIOS VERSION 1.00.13.CV2 ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

+1-859-534-4750 or +1 800-934-0735 (Cincinnati Tech Support & Parts)
    https://store.fivesmsi.com/contact
    Fives-MSI CINCINNATI is out on Holiday until JAN 4th 2021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12